Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

surgery

Started by Anonymous on 02 May 2017 at 11:38

Feeling all over the place right now. Today my wife is finally having a total nephrectomy after being diagnosed in early january with advanced renal cancer. it's been a long journy for us both during which she fell and broke her Femur as we left the hospital then her op was ancelled for a second time due to low blood levels and now we have finally made it and I dont know if I'm pleased, releived or terrified ! Talk about a roller coaster of emotions I just hope this will bring to an end some of the feelings of despair and fear we have gone through so far this year

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    02 May 2017 at 16:55
    Edited on: 02 May 2017 at 16:57

Hello,

I imagine this has been a very stressful day - and I just popped by to check how things are this evening. There will be others on here, facing similar worries about the surgery itself, and what the results might bring.

Thinking of you both this evening, and wishing your wife a safe and good recovery.

Warm wishes

Sue

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451