Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Exercise

Started by lorraine on 08 August 2011 at 22:25

On the news today it was reported that taking exercise for people with cancer would be a really good thing to do, so now the confusion comes in... who is this meant to be for exactly? is it for people who have had treatment and the cancer has gone or is for all cancer suffers ?... my husband gets uptight about things like this so most of my day apart from painting walls has been trying to answer questions now my head is sore ( that could be the paint ) so come on guys help me out here please. thank you.

lorraine

Picture of lorraine

Comments (4)

latest | oldest

Displaying 4 comments

• Picture of lorraine
    19 August 2011 at 17:33

Thank you trust me.

that was very interesting and so glad your sister is doing well, nick is a great gardener so he will understand better than me about plants and stuff.

lorraine x

• Picture of trustme
    From trustme
    19 August 2011 at 13:03

Hi guys,

if you need help just read my profile and you would understand

• Picture of lorraine
    09 August 2011 at 17:38

Hi nick,

thank you so much for that, it's kinda what i was thinking aswell we should not feel guilty about how much we do or dont do , if you feel good enough to do somthing then thats just dandy, jan did phone the cancer nurse she said the same as you really.

have a great holiday you and cheri and the girls :)

lorraine xx

• From Anonymous
    09 August 2011 at 16:06

Hi Lorraine,

High on paint as well as life eh? LOL I recon it's down to the individual. What they can do and should do, even wish to do!1 Sometimes just the suggestion can make us feel guilty that we can't or aren't pushing ourselves enough, that's just not fair. It dont help sometimes!!

I've spent a bit of time looking into the topic, as long as we remain active within the bounderies of our caperbilities it helps. As it does without cancer. But it's unrealistic to set targets as often symptoms or treatment effects just dont let it happen. Do what you can do, when you can do it, little and often. But do somthing. Painting is good enough i recon, if Jan can do it hats of to him, People forget there's a lot of leg work in the job. To hold a paint brush steady needs good muscle control. LOL

Well that's my pennies worth. take care

Nick

Displaying 4 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451