Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

RE: I'm feeling crap

Started by Anonymous on 29 November 2011 at 16:57

Yes, today I am feeling crap. After waiting for a month to get an appointment with the Psychologiest at my hospital I have missed it. I somehow got mistaken and, although I had the date on my diary I though it was for tomorrow. I am feeling really down. I had put so many hopes in this treatment!. I called them to explain the situation but, It seems I'll have to wait for another month and, I don't think I can do that. I am off sick right now but, I can't be off work indefinitely.

Wwhen I realized that I made a mistake I started crying. I am really low at the moment, it's not the first appointment I missed in my life, I do that quite often but, this time, just got me in the wrong moment.

I don't know what to do, my GP is not very sympathetic and I don't see myself going back to work if I haven't been throght psychotherapy first to try to sort myself out.

Shit, I don't know what to do to get out of this whole. I feel so trapped, like tangled in a giant webspider full of fear and hatred.

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    02 December 2011 at 13:11

Hi  how are things today? are you near any of our centres? you would be very welcome to drop in.  You can also send me a message if you want to talk things through 

Best wishes

Robyn

• Picture of lorraine
    02 December 2011 at 12:42

hi,

I have to put stick up notes everywhere to remind me to do things, so your not alone in forgetting things, at least you have another Appt in a month i know folk who have waited three months for the same Appt you have just missed.

I hope you get to talk to somone soon as you sound like you need to get stuff sorted.

don't take this the wrong way, but it is better not to swear on the conversation board it could offend some people.

take care

lorraine

Displaying 2 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451