Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of After cancer treatment

Topic

After cancer treatment

Finished treatment? Trying to find a new normal or perhaps feeling a bit lost and anxious - share experiences and practical tips with other members and the online team.

• 31 conversations

High risk

Started by Anonymous on 30 October 2017 at 12:27

Hi guys

I am feeling guttedtoday...i had dcis (breast that was caught early).  I still have radiotherapy to do but have been told there is high risk it may come back. I have stopped smoking, changed to healthy diet , exercising few times a wk, reducing stress with relaxation. This is lessening the risk. But can anyone advise just how much less ? Is it worth the hard work I am putting in ? Am I still in high risk category of it coming back.

Thanx 

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
    The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451