Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

New to Maggie.

Started by Anonymous on 30 April 2017 at 02:56

Hi all, 

I'm not shy re how to start, even the thought of this scares me, but as we all know "a problem shared is a problem halved" . 

I found out on Thursday that my hubby has throat cancer that's already spread to the lymph nodes. He's to go in on Wednesday for exploratory surgery to look for the primary site and possible tonsillectomy. He will also have a scan (doc didn't say which scan)and we'll find out what's next for him.

I'm devastated, but I know I have to get strong for him and our kids. I know it's going to be a rough ride for us as he's the type of person that withdraws when he's worried. I'm glad that there are groups I ike this to help navigate through this. Thank you for listening. ??  

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    02 May 2017 at 09:38

Hello,

May I wish you a warm welcome to Maggie's Online Centre...from all of us, the Maggie's team and our other online members.

I imagine today will feel rather long and drawn out, as you and your husband wait for tomorrow's surgery. It can often feel as scary and worrying for the partner - wondering about the future, and managing your own distress as well as those of the person you love.

I hope you can feel supported here online - there are many other carers here who understand some of what you're going through. You're also very welcome to get in touch with Robyn or myself to talk anything through.

Hoping tomorrow goes well,

Warm wishes

Sue

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451