Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Newly diagnosed

Topic

Newly diagnosed

Are you newly diagnosed with cancer? Read our series of blogs with information about cancer and its treatment, how to take control of its side effects and tips to help you to focus on wellbeing.

• 84 conversations

adenosquamous carcinoma

Started by Anonymous on 18 July 2016 at 19:37

I have recently been Diagnosed with adenosquamous carcinoma of the breast. It is apparently Low grade and localised ? I have had Biopsies Done already and My Surgery is booked in for this coming Thursday.

Comments (4)

latest | oldest

Displaying 4 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    06 March 2017 at 10:11
    Edited on: 06 March 2017 at 10:12

Hello,

It sounds as though your lung tumour has only recently been diagnosed? I guess they can't definitively say it's a definite cancer, as they cant access it by biopsy?  The encouraging news is that it sounds very slow growing...they will monitor you with scans and Xrays, I imagine, to keep an eye on it.

There are some slow growing lung cancers which possibly won't ever impact on a person's general health (which sounds hard to believe, when we hear a great deal about the more rapid growing lung cancers). I'm wondering if they found your tumour, almost as an incidental finding, whilst undertaking checks on your other lung conditions?

I'm also wondering if it is a carcinoid tumour (Cancer Research UK), which can be treated with can be treated with somatostatin analogues (another long word). They control hormonal output, so can relieve some of the symptoms.

I'll message you, and introduce myself...you are welcome to talk through anything in more detail there. It sounds like it's all been understandably unsettling...

Warm wishes

Sue

• From Anonymous
    05 March 2017 at 01:57

I've no idea what the long word means but I know in my case that I've got a definite lung tumour, but nobody seems willing to give me a straight yes or no about whether it's cancerous....The good news is that they have said it's slow growing and wouldn't spread. Unfortunately surgically they won't touch me with a barge pole (including biopsy) unless it becomes significantly worse because I have pulmonary hypertension and AVM's in the lungs and spinal problems so putting me under anaesthetic is always a huge problem keeping me sufficiently ventilated. Apparently they might be hormonal therapy options for treatment. Nothing is ever normal with me, if there's a weird or rare version you can guarantee that I'll get it!

• From Anonymous
    23 July 2016 at 13:18

Operation all over, very pleased with the scaring, they seem to have cut around the areola and then pulled the skin back to remove tumour. Now the wait to see if anything further needs to be done / treatment x

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    19 July 2016 at 13:07

Hello  I can imagine your diagnosis has come as  a shock and  it can be  difficult to take all the information in  that you are given.

It sounds as if you may have some questions about what low grade and localised mean.  If you would like to message me to talk it over in more detail you are very welcome to 

Best wishes

Robyn 

Displaying 4 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451