Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 185 conversations

I feel awful

Started by Anonymous on 05 March 2018 at 17:35

Hi, I'm new here. I just thought I'd try to get some help as I don't know anymore how to cope with things. I don't even know if that's the correct way of doing things here. My husband has been diagnosed with cancer had surgery and now is having chemotherapy. We have two children. He also all of the sudden had epileptic seizures. I can't cope with it all. Sometimes I think things are all right but like now I feel awful. I feel like I cannot carry on any longer, things will never change. I feel trapped. I can't carry on with everyday activities. I just feel sufocating and horrible. I desperately need help but I don't know where to go 

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• From Anonymous
    25 March 2018 at 08:10

Hy we are feeling exactly the same as a family after our son in law was diagnosed just three weeks ago with terminal cancer , listening to you , is just hearing how my daughter feels. Big hug xxx

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    06 March 2018 at 10:51

Hello and welcome to Maggie’s Online, the emotional rollercoaster you describe is one I am sure many others here will relate too. It sounds as if you have been managing for a while but things have built up and you are now feeling understandably overwhelmed and I can imagine also very scared. I don’t know where you are based you would be welcome to drop into any of our Centres – you don’t need an appointment . I have also messaged you privately if you reply to that we can talk in more detail about your situation and I can help you to find the support you and your family need
    Best wishes
    Robyn

Displaying 2 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451