Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Bartholins gland cancer.

Started by Anonymous on 28 June 2015 at 14:54

I have recently had surgery, Chemo and radiotherapy for stage 3 cancer of the Bartholins gland. My surgery involved removing the tumour and the lymph nodes from my right leg. This is a very rare cancer and I want to get in touch with anyone who has been through a similar experience.

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    29 June 2015 at 10:54

Hello,

Living with a rarer cancer can sometimes feel an isolating experience. There are fewer people around who can understand the trials and tribulations of experiencing a rare cancer first hand - and much of the public's focus is on the more common types, which have seemingly more support and charity funding.

You may find some contacts via the resources referred to in this webpage on vulval cancer from Cancer Research UK, and the Rarer Cancer Foundation have a newly formed forum which states that 'We will try our best to answer your questions, find out information for you and try to locate other patients with a similar cancer so that you can talk together and share experiences'.

In the meantime, anyone of our members who are experiencing a similar cancer, do get in touch....either via this conversation thread or by personal message.

Warm wishes

Sue

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451