Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Bit fed up really

Started by Elizabeth on 05 November 2008 at 16:28

So this is me today, bit fed up.  It's dark early, looks a bit damp out there, I've so much to do, not getting anywhere and would like a glass of red wine to cheer me up.  Hope you're all less grumpy today!

Picture of Elizabeth

Comments (7)

latest | oldest

Displaying 7 comments

• Picture of KD
    From KD
    15 December 2009 at 08:32

Hi Isabel,

Feeling scared is pretty high on the normal scale when you've just been diagnosed, but that doesn't make it easy. Have a good look around other posts on here to find out other people's stories. You're not alone and other people's stories might offer some support.

Also, don't be afraid to ask your medical team lots of questions so that you know exactly what's going on.

Keep posting and take care,
    KD

• From Anonymous
    11 December 2009 at 09:55
    Edited on: 11 December 2009 at 09:56

hi my names isabel  ,just been diagnosed with breast cancer,had two ops in three weeks  to remove lumps and nodes ,waiting on results feeling scared i only know its invasive ductal  grade 3

• Picture of KD
    From KD
    26 November 2009 at 15:48

Agreed! I find it very hard to adjust once daylight savings finishes. It seems like time moves much more quickly all of a sudden.

But there's been some sun shining in London today. Fab!

• From Anonymous
    22 November 2009 at 21:09

Ye, the dark evenings don't help much, do they? You get up and pretty soon, it's time for bed again....Where I live, there's a nice riverside walk from Chiswick to Hammersmith which is much better on Summer evenings if you can avoid molestations by cyclists and joggers.  Alas, the old energy levels have gone down considerably since the diagnosis of PANCAN(as I call it) but I'm sure that fresh air and exercise are now even more important than they were before....

• Picture of EricM
    From EricM
    08 November 2008 at 13:12

Glad to hear that. It works both ways, sometimes I really feel quite down, then someone sends me a message online and I think, hey, life isn't so bad after all. even if I can't get around so much, people can still chat to me and vice versa. Keep chatting, you never know who is getting cheered up!

Eric

• Picture of Elizabeth
    06 November 2008 at 09:59

Hi Eric, glad to hear you're feeling fine, even in the midst of chemo.  Sounds like a nice afternoon of chatting.  You'll be glad to hear I've heeded your advice and pulled myself together and am much more cheery today!  

• Picture of EricM
    From EricM
    05 November 2008 at 20:47

Hey, who is the grumpy one! I'm feeling fine today, my third cycle of chemo has gone according to plan, I have had a great afternoon chatting to a friend who took me to the hospital to get my line checked, he stayed for tea which we really enjoyed, and i 'm feeling quite mellow. Wish life was always this peaceful. Concentrate on the good things, and even if there are not so good things, keep them in perspective. 

Displaying 7 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451