Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

I can't do this anymore

Started by Anonymous on 19 March 2018 at 21:42

That's just it! That's how I feel. NOTHING seems to go to plan, nothing is easy anymore, EVERYTHING is about Cancer! I'm sick of it. I have appointments coming out of my ears! Then one appointment leads to another! More tests more biopsies all because it 'might' be Cancer related, but probably not! I know Secondary Cancer takes a while to get used to, but what if you just can't get used to it, what if you don't want to. What if you are just fed up with feeling C**p and you just want to be 'you' again! What then? Where do you go? What do you do? It's just RUBBISH!

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    20 March 2018 at 12:33

I am sure there are others reading your post having experienced similar thoughts, perhaps also wanting to help but not knowing what to say.

Cancer creates many intrusions and it can feel as if everything is happening ’to’ you and is beyond your control. Especially when appointments build up and disrupt the little bit of non cancer related routine you have been able to create
    When you are living with a chronic condition others around you can just get used to it and expect you to accept things, allowing yourself some space to acknowledge that it isn’t always ok that you are doing the best you can in itself be helpful alongside help from friends. family and professionals.

There are no easy answers or quick fixes. It isn’t always possible to change the uncertainty of a situation. That said there are ways to make things feel more manageable , to be able to feel more in control and enjoy things more.

You ask where you can go and what you can do? You would be welcome to visit any of our Centres or message Sue ( susieq) or me privately and we can talk things over in more details and find ways to help things feel a little easier for you
    In the meantime I hope it has perhaps helped a little to share how things are and I hope other members will share their experiences and what helps them.....
    Best wishes
    Robyn

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451