Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 185 conversations

Thankyou

Started by Anonymous on 21 December 2017 at 06:50

I just wanted to wish Robyn, Sue and everyone else at Maggie's a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! You all do such an amazing job and I for one am very very grateful. Yesterday I left work for the last time this year! I was exhausted but happy, really happy, not because I have some time off, although that's great, but happy because I did it!! I made it through the year! Something I thought wasn't possible after all I have been through and continue to go through! But with the support of this site and particularly Robyn and Sue it was possible. You supported me when I was down, you comforted me when I was worried, you held my hand when I was scared, you gave me a gentle push when I was being pathetic, okay that was Robyn and I'm sure you'd of given me a gentle kick if you could of ;-) but the most amazing thing is you did all that by just using the written word! You replied to my messages with love and understanding you never made me feel stupid for asking 'silly' questions! You made me feel safe, secure and supported in a world where on some days I felt completely out of my depth! You guys are all amazing and I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me and hopefully will continue to do for me, over the coming months. But right now I would like to say Hope you have a fantastic Christmas break, full of love and laughter, with your family and friends. I'm sure I shall be back to annoy (chat) you in 2018! Sending you all my Best Wishes and Thanks. XXXX

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    21 December 2017 at 09:23
    Edited on: 21 December 2017 at 10:30

Such a lovely, warm message - I echo Robyn's words. Have a lovely Christmas - and thank you for your kind words,

Warm wishes

Sue

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    21 December 2017 at 08:06

Ahh, thank you that’s very kind. I think you were the one who did all the hard work and that you should be very proud of yourself at the end of a very tough year. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and you are always welcome to message
    Best wishes
    Robyn

Displaying 2 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451