Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

lost

Started by Anonymous on 03 March 2012 at 07:56

Today I am feeling lost/confused.  Two weeks ago I was told I have a rare form of breast cancer.  I am a young mother with two beautiful children.  My mother was told 24 hours after me that she also had cancer so our lives have been torn apart recently.  Just cant believe that my family have to go through this with both of us.  Life can be so unfair at times.

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• From Anonymous
    06 March 2012 at 17:31

You must feel lost , when I was diagnosed with kidney cancer everything fell apart. You can always have a chat to me anytime Take care Carol McH

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    05 March 2012 at 11:17
    Edited on: 05 March 2012 at 11:18

Hello  how are you feeling today ....?  I imagine it will be a while before you head can make any sense  of the  emotions you are experiencing however something that many people find helpful is to try to  take things a step at a time...  

when you feel lost/ whirly headed/confused/overwhelmed try to  focus on what you can manage – the next day , hour, few minutes.. whatever you can cope with and plan what you are going to do for that time.....then do the same for the next period of time....

It can also really help to talk to others about how you are feeling   -have you been able to talk to your husband/family/friends?  others who are, or who have been  in a similar situation can also offer support - I am sure you will find  others here at Maggie’s online and you are of course also welcome to visit any of our centres and also to send me a message anytime

Best  wishes

Robyn

Displaying 2 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451