Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

I am feeling so lonely

Started by Anonymous on 17 August 2010 at 15:08

It will be 6 months tomorrow since my wonderful husband passed away, I am feeling so lonely and cannot stop crying, I keep thinking this is just a dream, or do I mean a nightmare and I will wake up with with my best friend lying there next to me, no so luck. I have been to see my brother as it is his 70th birthday and realised that Jess (my husband) will never reach that , he was 62, I have been shopping, cleaned the kitchen, I just don't know what to do to try to keep myself busy. When will the loniless end ? I don't think it ever will. Everyone has thier lives to live and it is so hard to ring or call on people when I am feeling this way, I only wish I lived near to a Maggies to have somewhere to go where people understand would be wonderful, I thought the next best thing was to write down how I am feeling and hopefully will help, why oh why did he have to die, it is so unfair. My tears are still coming I just want to go away hide. Ruby

Comments (3)

latest | oldest

Displaying 3 comments

• From Anonymous
    16 March 2011 at 13:07

hi,i can relate to how you feel.until jan of last year then i met someone through a dating site@we had the most wonderful 12mth togather culmulating in our wedding in sept.sadly i lost her to cancer last mth.sometimes i don't want to get out of bed in a morn,the days seem so empty.but at least with this site you have friends,people who know whet you are going through ,cos they have being there themselfs.we all grief in our own way.my thoughts are with you.michael

• From Anonymous
    17 August 2010 at 16:48

Thank you Jude, this is what Maggies is all about there is always someone who is listening. I do go to a bereavement support group but it is only held on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month which  I feel I do get support from going but is not available at times like now.  Magies are due to open near me but not until 2012, I hope when it does open I will be able to volunteer in some way to help others.  Your are right when you said Jess & I had a special marriage, we were everything to each other best friends he was my rock, because of our relationship with each other we had very few friends apart from family and it is because of this I feel so lonely, I know he is telling me to be strong and is still there for me and because of this I know I will find the strength to go on.

Thank you for listeneing to me.

Ruby x

• From Anonymous
    17 August 2010 at 16:00

(((Ruby)))

I'm so sorry for the way that you're feeling... for your loss... and that there isn't a Maggie's close to you. I'm glad though that  you felt able to write about it here - and hope it helps you to know that someone is reading and feeling for you...

You and Jess sound like you had a very special marriage - it's lovely to hear you describe him as your 'best friend' - and the gap must feel absolutely enormous.

In the absence of a Maggie's Centre, have you looked for a bereavement support group - either locally to you, or online?

Anyway, thinking of you Ruby...

Jude

Displaying 3 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451