Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Haematological (blood cancers)

Topic

Topic Haematological (blood cancers)

A space for people with blood cancer to share experiences through their watchful waiting, treatment, after treatment and in coping with symptoms and side effects.

• 2 conversations

Finding out about blood cancers

Started by Robyn   on 22 February 2017 at 08:18
Edited on 22 February 2017 at 08:22

You may be interested in searching for information about haematological  (blood) cancers online, these include Leukaemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma.  A good place to start is the blood (haematological) cancers section of our information website Maggie's CancerLinks.  if you you have questions or would like to talk over anything you have read you are welcome to post in the conversations and share with other group members or to send a private message

Best wishes

Robyn

Picture of Robyn

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    30 April 2018 at 12:03
    Edited on: 30 April 2018 at 12:04

Hello,

It sounds an emotional time - with the added stress of the HIV and hepatitis screening precautions. Needlestick injuries are only small, but they cause a good deal of angst and distress.

Your faith in the future sounds understandably shaken. Lymphoproliferative disorder is relatively rare, and that can feel isolating, as you possibly haven't met many others with the condition.

I dont know if you live near one of our Maggie's Centres, but you'd be very welcome to drop in. The emotions and uncertainty you're experiencing, sound a normal human response to a situation where things feel not under your control. This can add to feelings of helplessness and be discouraging.

Learning strategies to manage the stress, and having the chance to talk through how you feel, might just help relieve the overwhelming sense of not knowing what the future holds....

LIke you, I'd welcome feedback from any of our online visitors who understand first hand what you're going through...

Warm wishes

Sue

• From Anonymous
    30 April 2018 at 09:40

My diagnosis is lymphoproliferative disorder and I find it difficult to find much information about this condition. I only managed four out of six planned chemo treatments due to severe reactions and two episodes of sepsis. I now have retuximab every twelve weeks. I can only have Eight treatments and am almost half way through. Emotionally I have been very upset by accidentally being injected with a dirty needle and have had to undergo all the usual measures to protect me from hiv and hep. At the age of 76 I feel uncertain of the future and would welcome any feedback.

Displaying 2 comments

Latest Conversations

Topic Haematological (blood cancers)

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451