Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Friends and family

Topic

Friends and family

For anyone supporting someone else with cancer

• 136 conversations

prostate

Started by Anonymous on 15 March 2017 at 11:26

Hi my dad has prostate cancer it spread to his lymph nodes and bones he has had cemotherapy and it has got rid of the initial cancer but I'm worried he is now on radium 233 for his bones 

No one has said how long he has but I get frightened what will happen to me and my mom when he's gone

he's currently in hospital with a chest infection 

I'm on a roller coaster some times I'm rational other times I feel like some one is trying to rip out my heart

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• From Anonymous
    15 March 2017 at 20:18

Hi Erica

So sorry to her about your dad. My wife of 41 years was recently diagnosed with advanced liver cancer and I know just what you mean when you talk about being on a roller coaster of emotions and can identify with your contrasting feelings. It's so hard not knowing what the future holds for you and your Mum but, in my experience hope and positivity are the things I hold on to. Rememebr too that you will have each other (you & your Mum) so try to be open and positive with each other and never be afraid to ask for help from others.

I hope some of this helps just a little and send you my best wishes for the weeks, months and years ahead

Dave

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451