Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Not sure what to do with myself...

Started by Anonymous on 15 June 2015 at 19:56

Does anyone else have days where you just want to explode everything in your head at someone until someone walks into room and then it all suddenly feels like an impossible task to do? 

I'm beyond fed up at moment. So unlike me and got point I'm don't enjoy my own company but not really wanting anyone else's either.  Everything just such effort and me tired all time and sleep lots.  All sorts of things have changed health wise for me inc losing proper sight (just blurry colours) and now can't stand up at all.

Not really sure what do with myself at moment or how to make things better. Anyone any ideas? Telling myself to get a grip isn't working anymore! Ideas on a postcard most welcome

Comments (3)

latest | oldest

Displaying 3 comments

• From Anonymous
    19 June 2015 at 09:12

Hi Alibear57 i just wanted to say thanks for your reply. It is comforting to know I'm not the only one who does these things but goes without saying I wish you weren't having to deal with similar stuff. 

• From Anonymous
    18 June 2015 at 14:18
    Edited on: 18 June 2015 at 14:18

Just wanted to say, rosycheeks, I can relate to your feelings a lot. I am writing this message knowing that it will probably not help you a whole lot - is there ANYthing that can be SAID or WRITTEN that can help? I know that's how I feel, often, sometimes I want to speak to someone about the problem, then when I get the chance to, everything comes out of my mouth except the things which have been running round in my head, it's like the thoughts are playing hide and seek. Some days I want company and other days I just want to run away and hide, in the pretence that, if I do that, all the people who ever knew me and might be affected by my illness will somehow disappear and forget I ever existed, so sparing them any heartache all this could be causing them. Silly, I know, but the thoughts I get are never logical.

Anyway, although my reply might not be any consolation to you, I wanted to thank you for your message, it brought a flood of tears to my eyes. Not sad tears, self-pity or any emotion like that, just glad for the realisation that I'm not alone in thinking these things, but certainly not glad that you are feeling that way, my sympathies are with you.

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    16 June 2015 at 08:55

It sounds like yesterday was a rough day - when you're exhausted from ill health, and your mobility and sight are affected, there's no wonder you're feeling fed up (which in turn, takes energy).

You really need the wisdom of other online members, those who recognise a kindred spirit, to respond here...but I just wanted to say if you'd like to offload to Robyn or myself...please do send a message....

Warm wishes

Sue

Displaying 3 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451