Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

3rd time???

Started by Anonymous on 19 October 2009 at 13:09

Just found this site..so here goes!

Had breast cancer twice already and this morning the doctor has referred me to the breast unit for a suspected 3 rd tumour. I feel so weary at the thought of the waiting , the anxiety , telling everyone and the thought of having to go through it all again.

Its over 2 yrs since my treatment finished and I thought I had my lfe back on track..might have known it was too good to be true. Ive been feeling abit twitchy for a few weeks and then last night I dreamt i found blood on my bra from my nipple! ( loopy I know! ) I checked myself and ended up at the doctors.

Thanks for listening.

suze xx

Comments (4)

latest | oldest

Displaying 4 comments

• From Anonymous
    26 July 2011 at 15:17

Hi Suze

I've just discovered this site. 

Exactly the same thing has happened to me.  The last time I was diagnosed was last year.  This is my third time too.  I had all the treatments, lost my hair, etc, for them to tell me that I had to live with this horrible disease.  I am only 40 years of age and it is a very hardthing to deal with.  I can understand what you are going through.  The best advice I can give is don't give up. There are days where I'm really down and other days I am happy.  Just be strong and you will get through it. 

Cam x

• Picture of KD
    From KD
    01 March 2010 at 16:37

Hey suze,

Haven't heard from you in a while ... just wondering how you're getting on?

• Picture of KD
    From KD
    21 October 2009 at 15:57

Wow, suze, you are on quite a journey! Or should I say rollercoaster. I can't imagine the emotions you must be going through. But stay strong - I hope posting here will help.

Find one thing each day that makes you smile.

Thoughts with you
    KD

• From Anonymous
    19 October 2009 at 22:03

Hi Suze,

I know how you feel and wish I could give you a hug and say it will be alright.You know that the good and bad days are there and we each find our own way to cope.At the moment I dont always cope so well with everything, but I keep trying to find something that stops the world rocking each time I receive bad news.

Take care

regards

Diane

Displaying 4 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451