Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Stress induced paranoia

Started by Anonymous on 17 June 2011 at 18:19

This is not a professional opinion, but i think when I am stressed and something bothers me and I don't deal with it then I overthink, defend befreind and turn it into something that really bothers me.  I have such a bad memory now, I was never particularly good, but now with my BT and epilepsy I tend to lose a lot of memories also. 

So when something bothers me I just turn it into someting its not until I forget it, then when it comes back I practically start from the beginning and end up no further forward.  SO stress is a big waste of my time.

I wish I could deal with it better and manage it so it either allows me to remember things or to make me think claerly and positive again.  Booo stress go away

What is weird though is when I was a chef and up against it the stress and pressure seemed to behave differently when I became more confident until I would work better under stress or pressure, maybe they are two different circumstances and they appear together sometimes.

I dont deal at all well with pressure now, as I live with my BT I wonder where I will be, what shall I do going forward and this is then a stress mechanism... blah

I wanted to get that off my chest  

Comments (4)

latest | oldest

Displaying 4 comments

• From Anonymous
    24 June 2011 at 22:00
    Edited on: 24 June 2011 at 22:01

Hi Ross glad the stress has levelled out a little. Am sure your visit will make a difference, and help stop this awful loop. Hopefully give you back some of that confidance the stress has stolen too. Good luck, keep us posted, I'd love to hear first hand how it went. South West Wales is under construction, not too far for a special trip from South East wales. Good bye  stress.

Nick

• From Anonymous
    24 June 2011 at 21:27

Hi,

I did feel better and what a week does, my stress has levelled out and now i just get constant headaches, the paranoia has dissipated but I am definitely still stressed.  I am increasing my keppra again to near maximum dosage and well I cant see things getting much better to be honest, so I have decided to sweet talk work into giving me time to go to Maggies during the week, i am going to do away with stress for good hopefully :)

• From Anonymous
    17 June 2011 at 23:12

Agree with you Ross,

Boo to stress

Nick

• Picture of lorraine
    17 June 2011 at 18:37

well said ross.

hope you felt better after that?

lorraine

Displaying 4 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451