Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Creative writing / art

Topic

Topic Creative writing / art

A space to get creative with poems, prose or perhaps upload some artwork

• 49 conversations

Broken

Started by Anonymous on 29 January 2015 at 17:07

Broken

I take tablets

every day,

do they work?

I couldn't say.

I've bits that hurt

and bits that don't,

bits that move

and bits that won't!

Sore bits.

spreading in a patch.

Itchy bits,

that I MUST scratch.

Muscles, joints, bones and skin,

on the outside and within.

Lips and tongue,

teeth and jaw,

eyes and nostrils,

all are sore.

Maybe pills are just a token.

They can't mend me -

I'm too broken!

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• From Anonymous
    30 January 2015 at 13:56

Hi Robyn,

Glad you liked the poem. I wrote it a couple of weeks ago and is mainly about my RV and RA. But remembering how I felt while having chemo, I thought it would be suitable for Maggies members to read. As I might have mentioned before, writing these poems does get my feelings out. Thanks for the offer of a chat.

By the way, I had my 2nd annual mammogram in December, and my 2nd check up this week. All clear thank goodness.

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    30 January 2015 at 10:08

I am sure other members will relate to these words..

I am glad you are back writing your poems you have such a talent in describing difficult situations and emotions with  so few words....

I don't know  how recent this poem is but it sounds as if you are having  a tough time and I wonder if you need to talk with your hospital team about adjusting some of those tablets. If you would like to talk things over with Sue or me you are very welcome to get in touch anytime 

Best wishes

Robyn

Displaying 2 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451