Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Creative writing / art

Topic

Topic Creative writing / art

A space to get creative with poems, prose or perhaps upload some artwork

• 49 conversations

The Doll

Started by Anonymous on 28 May 2015 at 23:41

I wrote this in 2007 at the height of my depression. Looming back, the words I guess could be that of a cancer patient xxx THE DOLL When I am sad I will cry When I am happy I will laugh Sometimes I get mixed up I will laugh And I will cry All at the same time This doesn't mean I'm mad It purely means that I am me Don't treat me like I'm some kind of fragile doll Breakable to the touch All I ask is Please treat me like me…

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    29 May 2015 at 10:44

I am sure other members will identify with those mixed emotions and also wanting to be recognised as a person with the right and need to be able to feel as they feel following their diagnosis Best wishes Robyn

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451