Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Why don't I feel worse?

Started by Anonymous on 19 October 2012 at 01:04

I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer February 8th. Hormone treatment, with Zoladex, started immediately and two weeks later I started the Sampede trails with Abiraterone.

Why am I not feeling angry, scared, frustrated or any of the other emotions that seem to be affecting so many other people?

Am I insensitive, wierd or is the treatment turning me into Mr. Spock?

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• From Anonymous
    19 October 2012 at 05:59

Hi,

I imagine everyone handles a cancer diagnosis differently as I did like yourself. I was the same as you and very calm about things.

Maggie's on line helped me a lot to open up about how I was actually feeling and to recognise when I was getting anxious about ct scans and especially waiting for the results for 2 long weeks after each scan. It was lovely to be able to share with people on line who totally understood what I was going through and it was like having a 2nd family rooting for you.

I have now been in remission for almost 2 years and it is only the last few months that it really started to hit me as to what I had actually been through.

You are not alone that's one thing for sure on Maggie's on line.

Best wishes.

Beverley

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451