Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 668 conversations

new to Maggies

Started by Anonymous on 24 February 2017 at 13:31

Hi I have just joined here after a visit to maggies cheltenham centre yesterday. My wife was diagnosed recently with Kidny cancer and is awaiting siurgery which we have now been told may have to be delayed as she had a fall 2 days ago and broke her knee - ironically comming out of the hospital from her pre-op assessment!

Comments (2)

latest | oldest

Displaying 2 comments

• From Anonymous
    06 June 2017 at 14:40

Hi Dave,

As a regular visitor to Maggie's Cheltenham, I've found great support there from the staff and visitors alike. Even have a couple of new interests now too!

I hope your wife is recovering from the double blow that she's recently received.

All the best,

Keith

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    24 February 2017 at 16:22
    Edited on: 24 February 2017 at 16:24

Hello...and welcome,

It's a relief to hear you have found Maggie's Cheltenham - hopefully it will be a good support for you and your wife both now and in the future. The added trauma, of your wife's fall, sounds a lot for you both to bear.

Meanwhile, we're here as an additional layer of support, and I encourage other families and friends affected by cancer to get in touch and leave a note of encouragement...

I've messaged you separately too...

Warm wishes

Sue

Displaying 2 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451