Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Managing stress and cancer....

Started by SusieQ   on 24 November 2015 at 13:42

Hi everyone,

Stress and cancer seem to go together like a toxic sandwich, with the person in the middle having many pressures going on. It could be as a carer, juggling the household, work, and relationships - or the person with cancer balancing the impact of cancer and it's treatments, for example....

Maggie's Online Centre is running a timely 7 week online course, Living with less stress, which starts on Monday 7th December. it will run on Monday evenings (three sessions before Christmas and a further four sessions in January).The course offers you the chance to find out more about stress, how to recognise it, and gain confidence in how to deal with it.

Online members from previous courses have told us it has helped them to feel more in control and less overwhelmed.  You can find out more about the course and how to sign up here or you are welcome to message Robyn for further details.

Warm wishes

Sue

Picture of SusieQ

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    26 November 2015 at 09:51
    Edited on: 27 November 2015 at 09:51

We still have places remaining on our latest living with less stress course starting on Monday 7th December  (sorry , I had originally posted the date as Mon 30th by mistake).  

Please contact me or Sue  as soon as possible if you are interested.  You can find out more about this and our other online courses, groups and live sessions here  They are all free but you need to sign up in advance.

Best wishes

Robyn

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451