Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Feeling Anxious

Started by Anonymous on 25 July 2013 at 14:33

Hello, I am a new member who would value some help/support.  My teenage son was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago. He is doing fine, but I struggle to stay positive (although I try not to show this) and have become anxious about even minor things. I have thought about talking to someone, but not sure who.I can become anxious about very small things and overthink them.  I know I am doing it, but find it hard to be rational. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of Robyn
    From Robyn  
    25 July 2013 at 15:21

Hello and welcome to Maggie’s  it sounds as if you have  been  through a very tough and emotional 18 months and  not surprising   that this experience is affecting your own health.  I imagine you are exhausted both physically and emotionally . I guess you have been caught up with looking after you son   - perhaps now he is doing fine it is time to spend a bit of time on you....?

I don’t know where you are based - You would be very welcome to drop into one of our centres  

Have you been able to talk to friends/family about how you have been feeling?  Talking to others with similar experience can be very helpful  and I am sure other members will be in touch with their experiences.

You are also very welcome to send me a message if you would like to talk things over in more detail privately 

Best wishes

Robyn

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451