Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 163 conversations

frustrated

Started by Anonymous on 14 July 2017 at 22:32

Hiya i am new to this site and going trough a bit of a tough time. I have had hysetrectomy in april so i am still rcovering. I have been told i have to have chemo and radio therapy now which was a big shock. my partner is not being sopportive at all and im finding things very hard. is there any one out there that is having the same proble with partners?

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• From Anonymous
    08 August 2017 at 11:00

I'm sure that there are others on this site with similar issues. It's a shame that no-one has so far replied to you.

I can't say that my wife is unsupportive, but as she is partially disabled, and I'm her carer, she's unable to give me much in the way of any practical support. It can be difficult at times, looking after others, when you wish someone could take care of you instead.

Is your partner just being selfish, or are they finding your diagnosis difficult to handle?  Perhaps, one or both of you would find it useful to talk to someone. Is there a Maggies centre (or similar) that you could visit. I've found the support given, by both staff and visitors, very helpful.

All The Best

Keith

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451