Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Tired!

Started by Anonymous on 28 June 2016 at 15:27

Lost mum on 24th May, so still in early stages of grief but also having to deal with my dad who is in respite for dementia - looking at care homes etc and today I'm just tired.  Am back at work full-time and dealing so much red tape to get access to bank accounts etc, and I'm just tired. No-one tells you of the overwhelming amount of paperwork you have to get through. That's my moan for today (well, one of them!).

Comments (1)

Displaying 1 comments

• Picture of SusieQ
    From SusieQ  
    28 June 2016 at 16:09
    Edited on: 28 June 2016 at 16:15

Hello,

It sounds a tough day....

You're having a great deal to do, practically, whilst you've been hit with the emotional impact of the recent loss of your mum. The energy needed to function, when we're in the throes of grief, is underestimated by many, and trying to concentrate on red tape and paperwork is possibly the last thing you'd wish to be doing.

Sometimes people even find grief gets put on the back burner, whilst the practical issues get sorted out. It's hard having to seek out a care home for your dad at this time - and I'm not surprised you're exhausted.

It may not be practicable, but I'm wondering if you can take some time off, whilst you sort out the paperwork and placement issues. Something has to give eventually, and it sounds as though you're having to put others needs first (through necessity), and are maybe not having time for yourself.

Thinking of you today - please do get in touch with Robyn or myself if you'd like to talk about anything in more detail...I'm aware we have other online members who have recently been bereaved and will recognise what you're going through...

Warm wishes

Sue

Displaying 1 comments

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451