Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 674 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 640 Conversations

• Hi Everyone, several weeks ago I would have never thought I would be here telling my story. For the past 10 years I’ve been caring for my mum who ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

We are working with an agency who are keen to understand what you think about Maggie's and how we communicate. We would love for you to complete a ...

• Picture of Robyn

Welcome!  You may have come across Maggie's Online Centre by accident or design. Now you are here, you are welcome to have have a look round a...

16 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone,A TV programme to look out for. There will be a 10 minute film on Maggie’s on BBC Inside Out (North West) tonight evening at 7.30...

1 Comment
  • Hello all (waves) :) Just joined Maggie's Online (wish I'd found it sooner, doh!) Firstly, I am not my cancer & it is not me! I'm 59 & liv...

4 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, It's Kitchen Table live this morning - 11.00am - 12 noon...a chance to drop in and gather socially, round our virtual kitchen tabl...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, It's Kitchen Table live this morning - 11.00am - 12 noon...a chance to drop in and gather socially, round our virtual kitchen tabl...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Some of you may not realise that on Monday mornings you can join us 'live' online...in a text based 'chatroom - 'Kitchen Table Live'....

• Had gallbladder removed a couple of years ago. Now have bowel cancer. Had 3 treatments out of 8 prescribed.Need help with food I can eat. Bored wit...

2 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Gardening is a hobby and labour of love for many of us - a place of reconnecting with nature, peace, the feel of the soil, and the sm...

• Picture of SusieQ

• Picture of SusieQ

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

If you are in the Oldham area you may be interested to know that our newest Centre is opening today - doors will open at 4pm today.  The centr...

• Picture of Robyn

Hello We are having some difficulties  sending and receiving message this morning - we are working on fixing the problem and all will be back...

• Picture of Robyn

If you are currently recieving  or recovering from treatment for cancer you may be interested to know that our friends over at Ellies Friends ...

• Hi I have just joined here after a visit to maggies cheltenham centre yesterday. My wife was diagnosed recently with Kidny cancer and is awaiting s...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Piscesjo

Hi All, My name is Jo and I've just joined Maggies online. I'm 56 and I live and work in the West Midlands. In march this year I was diagnos...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, It's Bank Holiday weekend - and the Maggie's Online Centre team will be putting their laptops away, until Tuesday 30th May, 09.00hrs....

• Hi all,  I'm not shy re how to start, even the thought of this scares me, but as we all know "a problem shared is a problem halved" .  ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, The holiday season is creeping up, and for many you, the thought of a few days away would be a real panacea. It's difficult to get a...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, If you're going through cancer treatment, or recovering from cancer treatment - there may be days when you could do with a emotional lift. ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, It's Kitchen Table live this morning - 11.00am - 12 noon...a chance to drop in and gather socially, round our virtual kitchen table. ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, We will be meeting at our virtual kitchen table this (and every Monday) morning, 11.00 - 12.00 noon, and if you're passing...do drop ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, We will be meeting at our virtual kitchen table this (and every Monday) morning, 11.00 - 12.00 noon, and if you're passing...do drop ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, You may be aware that CarolineH (online nutrition advisor) and myself, meet up once a month to discuss a topical issue in cancer a...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, We will be meeting at our virtual kitchen table this morning, 11.00 - 12.00 noon, and if you're passing...do drop by. You can join i...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, It's almost Christmas time, and this isn't always the easiest of times for any of you - whether living with cancer yourself, or su...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, It's a crisp December day, and it's 'Kitchen Table Live'. You are very welcome to drop in and say hello. This is our online equiv...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, It's 'Kitchen Table Live' this morning...and you'd be very welcome to drop in and say hello. This is our online equivalent of bein...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello, and welcome to Maggie’s Online Centre.  The online team are here  Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm .  You are welcome to br...

Viewing 1-30 of 640 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451