Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 241-270 of 645 Conversations

• As I head towards my first round of chemo, I wondered if anyone has any tips that they could share on getting through this treatment.  Anythi...

3 Comments
  • Hi I was diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian cancer just before Christmas, it was a devastating blow to me and my family but we are coming to terms with...

9 Comments
  • Ladies, it has taken a few gins for me to do this but I imagine that I am not in the minority here,  I am 45, married, have had 3 misscarriage...

1 Comment
  • My hair is coming out by the handful and I have been collecting it all in a bag. I have looked into donating it but because it is coming out bit b...

3 Comments
  • Hi, My friend is having a double mastectomy on March 17th and I would like to ask you all if anyone knows of somewhere on line I may be able to ge...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello we don't usually talk about fundraising in these messages however this is rather a special  event for Maggie's Online Centre and I  ...

3 Comments
  • Picture of centreteam

Hello Maggie’s is delighted to let you know about some research by Aleksandra Soboto , a Phd  Health psychology  student , into&nb...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, I'm away on annual leave next week...hoping the weather is good so I can sort the garden out...and maybe even do some spring clean...

• Picture of centreteam

Have you been affected by prostate cancer? Are you currently taking androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) ?   Examples of anti androgens inc...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Good sunny afternoon,  Can I trouble you, O gentle readers old and new for a bit of help with something I'm trying in the Benefits Advice gro...

• Hi, I am new to this link and am not sure if I am doing this properly as I am rubbish with computers. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer...I ...

9 Comments
  • Hello I wonder if anyone has experiened similar and if anyone can suggest a way I can manage this problem, which has become increasingly worse as t...

1 Comment
  • Hi It's nearly 4 weeks since my last chemotherapy treatment, and my hair started growing back after my 4th cycle not a lot but I was pleased ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello Maggie's Online Centre and  our main website are  all fully functioning however, there is  curently a fault with our informati...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Author Daisy Goodwin is compiling a list of poems for Maggie’s called “100 poems to see you through.” With chapter headings like ...

3 Comments
  • Hello everyone, I had tonsillar cancer diagnosed 13 months ago; treatment Jan-March 2013 being 6 weeks of radiotherapy plus two doses of chemo thr...

4 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello Those of you who  receive our newsletter updates will already be aware that Maggie’ s has a new main website this week, which wil...

3 Comments
  • Hi all, havn;t written or visited the site for ages. Thankfully, been getting on with my life. For those who don;t know me I am Patsy and was diag...

3 Comments
  • I don't really know where to start but here go's my mam has terminal cancer this we only found out 4 days ago and her diagnosis was only 5 weeks ag...

5 Comments
  • Picture of simonjhere

'Around the kitchen table' Around the kitchen table is a cookbook that is available free through all Maggies Centres throughout the country. Inspi...

• My GP has just prescribed this to help me sleep - anyone had any experience of it - I am a bit concerned about taking sleeping meds  

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Let’s sort out Cancer-related weight gain….Have you found that since your cancer diagnosis and treatment you have gai...

13 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello we now have places  available for several of our  Online support groups and are taking names to  start in January These inclu...

• hello im new to this site...feel very nervouse ,my name is donna and im 40 yrs old,,,i got diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumour(nets) on the 21st n...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

A big 2014 welcome to all our Online Centre members old and new.  Thank you for all the lovely comments and  Christmas /new year me...

• I am wishing you all a very Happy New Year. Some of you will be starting the year with cancer treatment and will be feeling anxious and scared but...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, ...well it's Christmas Eve...which may be bringing it's share of joy, or turmoil....depending how things are with you or someone y...

• Hi All, This Christmas is going to be a difficult time for some of us on Maggie's who are going through treatment for this awful disease or you ma...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi everyone,Friday was Carers' Rights Day, a day to raise awareness of rights, however unclaimed or incomplete. These include things like benefits,...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, ....Our survey results are nearly all in...but we would welcome your opinions and feed back, if you haven't had a chance to comple...

3 Comments

Viewing 241-270 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451