Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 211-240 of 645 Conversations

• I recently had a SPECT/CT bone scan as I was having severe bone pain.  I do not have bone cancer.  I thought it was bad enough having Can...

1 Comment
  • Picture of CarolineH

Some of you may be interested in the news paper headlines that our health and risk of developing a disease is not improved my eating more than 5 pi...

• Picture of CarolineH

Hi Everyone, As we are all wishing John well on his bike trip I wanted to let those of you who do not already know that Jane Fide the centre head ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello, I wonder if you have seen the news item on BBC1 today, about a new procedure for radiotherapy to treat early breast cancer.( Breast cancer:...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi Everyone,I have just been reading about one of our Maggie’s Centres supporters who is about to embark on a mammoth cycle ride. John Hughes...

3 Comments
  • Here are a few things that have occurred to me after reading Sue's blog on the subject of sleep/insomnia. I am not too bad sleepwise.  I am a...

1 Comment
  • I've just received an e-mail with a link to the latest edition of Maggie's Matters. I can't find anywhere to download or save it in the same way th...

4 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello all, I don't know if you listen to Radio 4...and if you do, if you've been aware of a new radio comedy entitled Bad Salsa.  It started ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, We'd like to apologise to any of you having problems trying to access Maggie's Cancerlinks today. There are a few technical proble...

1 Comment
  • We are waiting to hear if one of us has lung cancer it's been a whirlwind of activity in the past week and chris my partner is hoping that joining ...

4 Comments
  • Just wondered if anyone has any experience of moving from tamoxifen to anastrozole? I've been ok on tamoxifen with not many side effects but I'm co...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello - if you have been recently diagnosed  or are currently having treatment you may be interested to know about our new general cancer supp...

1 Comment
  • Hi All, My son is raising money for a breast cancer charity by wearing a dress to his school prom. He has nearly reached his sponsorship target s...

4 Comments
  • I was laid in bed last night thinking about our first Father's Day without my Father In Law and next month it will be a year since Maurice passed. ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Just a note to say that I am away next week - back online on 23rd June. (For new online members, my name is Sue, one of the Cancer...

• Picture of Robyn

Its Father’s day  on Sunday 15th June and I am aware from the messages I receive  at this time each year that it  may be...

1 Comment
  • Hello anybody/everyone I'm looking for a nice basic furnished villa-type accomodation with a garden and pool /shared or private somewhere in ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello, Just to say that we have a place available on our  'Weight Gain Management Course', which starts next week, on Wednesday 12.30-13.30. ...

• Anyone suffering from mouth ulcers as a result of chemo might be interested to know that mine went away after using Euthymol toothpaste which I thi...

3 Comments
  • A very Happy 1st Birthday to Maggie's Cancer Centre at Newcastle. xx

• Picture of Robyn

Sorry to those of you who have been having difficulty accessing the breathing and relaxation exercises on our information website Maggie's CancerLi...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, I have been reading, with a sense of sadness, yet pride, about the inspirational Stephen Sutton, who died today, aged 19. He was l...

2 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everone, You may already be aware that we recently launched, and ran our first online ‘Weight Gain Management Course’. This cour...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Today is world ovarian cancer day, you  can find out more about the campaign to mark this on the official WOCD website.   If you have bee...

• Hello I' new to the group.  I've finished my six session of chemotherapy, but on my 5th and 6th session I was extremely tired and started to f...

11 Comments
  • Hi, my name is mark, i have just been told i may have cancer of the tongue. I've had my biopsy done and am awaiting the results, they told me they ...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

This weekend is another bank holiday weekend - they come thick and fast at this time of year. fingers crossed for some sunshine to go with the holi...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Following the success of our first online Weight Gain Management Course, CarolineH (online nutritional advisor) and myself (SusieQ...

6 Comments
  • Does anyone have any tips on travel insurance companies which offer a good deal for people with cancer? Barbara

3 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Just to mention that the Maggie's Online Centre team will be away from their laptops from 17.00 hrs today, till Tuesday 22nd April...

Viewing 211-240 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451