Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 181-210 of 645 Conversations

• Good Morning,   I was diagnosed with jaw cancer in 2002. I have had a lot of operations which included full facial reconstruction. I am curr...

1 Comment
  • I'm new to all of this so I thought I'd just write a little note to say "Hi".  I did try and write a message last night but for some reason it...

4 Comments
  • Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has had surgery after radiotherapy?  We were told that surgeons are reluctant to operate after an area has b...

2 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, The new online support group, for people who are living with the uncertainties of having recurrence or secondary cancer, starts next ...

1 Comment
  • How long does the swelling last

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello,  Those of you affected by a blood cancer may be interested to know we have a monthly online  haematology networking group offering...

• I have been using ground flaxseed in my smoothies but as I have had ER positive breast cancer is flaxseed good or bad I am so confused

3 Comments
  • Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has tackled the issue of cancer and knowing that a loved one is going to pass away with a small child.  At ...

1 Comment
  • Hi everyone, My dad had been newly diagnosed with stage 4 adenocarcinoma in the lungs & some involvement in the lymph node in the chest. He's just...

1 Comment
  • Hello. I am Kirsty,34 and my husband 39 and we have 2 year old son. My husband was diagnosed 2 days ago with kidney cancer, stage 3. They...

2 Comments
  • Since my cancer diagnosis I have calmed down in regards to going out, taking drugs and drinking. I am getting upset at my boyfriend though as he s...

1 Comment
  • .... to last month diagnosis of testicular cancer.  I'm 38.  My father had an orchiectomy to treat his prostate cancer and it was very su...

3 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, I'm not at work next week (apart from Monday evening's family and friends' online support group)...but Robyn and the rest of Maggie's...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, Not everyone reading through Maggie's Online Centre conversations has a newly diagnosed cancer.  For some people on here, you're exper...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, You may have already seen my previous post about the next online weight gain management course, which is facilitated by CarolineH and mysel...

• Hello everyone!  I'm JaneyH and am new to Maggies online.  I have been diagnosed with lung cancer (Stage 3b) and am having my 4th chemoth...

9 Comments
  • Hello, I have just joined Maggies Community in the hope that i can chat to others in a similar situation to me. I finished radiotherapy following ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, (I realise I posted this in 'Cancer and healthy eating' and wasn't sure if all of you got a chance to see this message).Would you ...

1 Comment
  • Hello out there, do any of you feel lost,hopeless, angrey, upset all at the same time and your brain over working trying to find answers?

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, In a bit of a double act, Sue has done an excellent blog on some of the long term side effects - or "late effects" - that can happen as a ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, One of our online visitors kindly guided me to a news item on the BBC website today...and I'm grateful he did so. 'Cancer patients...

1 Comment
  • Hey my name laura i am 24 years old, i have join maggie as i been told that it a place where i can talk to people about cancer, i just been throw ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of CarolineH

I wonder did anyone see the Tonight programme yesterday on the debate about fresh and frozen food and which is better for us. The conclusion was th...

• Picture of CarolineH

I am not sure whether any of you got to watch the ITV programme last night on 'super foods'. It was really interesting and I think that the sa...

• Picture of CarolineH

Just to let you know that on ITV at 7.30 this evening there is a 1hour programme dedicated to Super foods are they fact or fiction. I shall certain...

• Hi all, my sister-in-law is newly diagnosed with breast cancer. She needs to decide about reconstruction options post-mastectomy.  Can any one...

1 Comment
  • Picture of CarolineH

Hi Everyone. I wonder did you catch the Horizon programme last night about meat in the diet and is it a healthy food to eat. An interesting debate ...

• Hi all, my dad in law has been told he has stage three pancreatic cancer last week......he cant have chemo as he isnt fit enough to fight the after...

4 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Our haematology networking group will be  starting  on Wednesday 3rd September.   You can find more information about this, our othe...

• I am now on my final week of radiotherpy .. In the beginning when I was told I would have 5 weeks of treatment it was like I had such a long road i...

1 Comment

Viewing 181-210 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451