Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 151-180 of 645 Conversations

• we run a small village newsagents, things are tough at the moment, but were managing to keep it afloat, then 3 months ago my wife of 42 yrs got n...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Those of you who have visited our physical Centre will know that  the kitchen table  is at the centre of each one – a place to happ...

1 Comment
  •   I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying you found it hard to sleep. I spoke to you softly...

1 Comment
  • So this is my first time visiting this site. I was diagnised with breast cancer in 2012 after routine mammogram. Mastectomy chemotherapy and radiot...

3 Comments
  • I just popped in today as I have not been on the site for quite some time.  I keep feeling I should be back to normal now after two years.&nbs...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, If you have recently been diagnosed with cancer, or are going through cancer treatment, it can be a time when you feel isolated, w...

• I get the usual 3 days of steroids, starting the day before treatment, and as usual I can't sleep. I followed the advice to take the 2nd dose at lu...

2 Comments
  • Hi I understand that the Nutritionalist Caroline maybe doing a cookery demonstration at Cheltenham in Feb. I would really like to attend and won...

2 Comments
  • 2 years ago I had stage 3 breast cancer. After 2 operations, the removal of 40 lymph nodes, 6 sessions of chemotherapy and 6 weeks of radiotherapy ...

6 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, I'm not really here, as I am away on annual leave until Pembrokeshire New Year (Jan 13th). Shh..don't tell Robyn... However, I have posted...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, We are back today, after the Christmas break, and in that time, I'm aware we have gained lots of new online members. A warm welcom...

• Hi All, I have recently ( 6 weeks ago) been diagnosed with prostate cancer with secondaries in my bones. Am 58 years young. Not curable say the doc...

5 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

The Online team will be taking a break over the Christmas holidays from the evening of 24th december returning on Monday 5th January. In the meanti...

• This will be a difficult time for some of you at Maggie's on line and just to let you know that you will all be in my thoughts. I would like to wi...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, I'm sorting out my diary for the new year, and it's very satisfying writing in a new diary, not yet full of my usual illegible scribbles. ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone,We are currently taking applications for our innovative online course to help those people who have been struggling to keep weight d...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Sue “susieq” and I will be meeting up for most of today planning the online programme for 2015. We will be keeping an eye on our messag...

• To view article copy & paste this link into your browser  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2854179/Health-notes-New-fluorescent-...

2 Comments
  • My name is Jane, I'm 63 and I live in Oxford. I was diagnosed with myeloma in June. I don't know anyone with this cancer (and had never heard of it...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

A final reminder of our annual survey which finishes on 30th November.  you don't need to be  a registered member to complete it and your...

• Picture of Robyn

Thank you to those of you who have already completed our survey, letting us know what you think about Maggie's Online Centre. For those of you who ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello  A few of you have  been having trouble logging in to the Online Centre  or resetting passwords.  We are looking into th...

• It is nearly one year since my mastectomy. I am trying to decide about reconstruction. One day I'm definitely going to go for it, and the next I'm ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, You may have already read Robyn's blog 'Let us know what you think....', about our annual survey. This is an opportunity for any of o...

2 Comments
  • Picture of elaineg

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has had an issue with this? I am 5/6 through FEC-T,  with FEC as second 3 cycles.  Every day since I s...

5 Comments
  • I am so excited that yesterday my work colleauges and I started the couch to 5K. We started off with a 5 minute brisk walk and 90 seconds run and c...

8 Comments
  • Hello all, I'm feeling extremely emotional most of the time and I just wondered if that was normal? I had my mastectomy in May, my little dog had ...

2 Comments
  • I was diagnosed last year with breast cancer. I've had a mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. I have heard about bone density tests. But I've never ...

5 Comments
  • Hello everyone, I was watching Fox News last night and saw an interview with a lady talking about Maggies in the UK, I had never heard of it. ...

4 Comments
  • Unsure if this is the correct section to be posting, but here goes.... :) My (male) partner is currently undergoing chemotherapy (temozolomide) fo...

1 Comment

Viewing 151-180 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451