Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 121-150 of 645 Conversations

• Picture of Robyn

Just a reminder that the online team will be off till Tuesday as 25th May is  bank holiday. I wish you all a lovely long weekend and look for...

• Picture of Robyn

The Online team are taking a bit of time away from the Centre today to meet up face to face so  any messages may not be answered as quickly as...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, With cobwebs gently dusted and the virtual crystal gleaming, I thought it might be useful to run through the different sorts of support av...

• Picture of Robyn

As you will have noticed we have been having a a spring clean here at Maggie's Online Centre and have moved things around a bit.   Caro...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Many apologies from me too. The same technical work and programme work also affects our Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer group tod...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Normally we look forward to meeting you, in our 'Kitchen Table Live' online get together, which is on Friday mornings, 11am. However...

• Picture of Robyn

There will be some essential maintenance work  and some updates taking place on the Online Centre  from 10am Thursday 14th May.  Whi...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, I don't know about you, but the minute any form which looks official arrives through my letterbox - I go into 'panic' mode. It may be...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello just to  clear up a bit of confusion.... You are welcome to read a selection of our posts and comments as a visitor however,  if yo...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Just a reminder about our group session on Friday 15th May from 12pm until 1pm right after Kitchen Table Live All are very welc...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Today Caroline and myself, met online for 'Food for Thought', where we talked about the topical issue of 'fats' - and what fats do...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Kitchen Table Live is a 'live' chat session similar to those around the kitchen table in any Maggie's Centre...with members of staff ...

2 Comments
  • Hi I'm 44 and having Radiotherapy after breast cancer and on tamoxifen - all is going well so far. However I am supposed to start the zoladex injec...

3 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, A Bank Holiday is upon us, and so Robyn and the rest of the team are putting their laptops away till Tuesday 5th May. I hope the ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello everyone Do you ever get baffled, bothered and bewildered by the benefits maze? Does it sometimes feel a frustrating and lonely load of hass...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Kitchen Table Live is a 'live' chat session similar to those around the kitchen table in any Maggie's Centre...with members of staff ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

This Sunday is mothers day and I am aware from the messages I receive  at this time each year that it  may be a difficult time for ...

3 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, and a warm welcome to the new online members who joined us over the Easter Holidays. Most of the team are now back at their laptop...

• Picture of Robyn

The Online team will be hiding their laptops as well as chocolate eggs over the Easter weekend and will be off  after today until Tuesday7th A...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Good morning everyone,  If you're sitting by the computer, and feel like catching up with other online members and some of the Maggie's Onlin...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Did anyone catch either of the two recent benefits programes in Channel 4's Dispatches series? You can catch them on C4OD on the page&nbs...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello all, I'm away from my laptop till Monday, as spring cleaning and some gardening beckons. As you know, Robyn and the team will be here, and y...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Actually many of us probably are...just wishing for a good night's sleep, or a less hectic time...longing for the bliss that follo...

5 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Do you have questions about the benefits system?  Perhaps you would like to know more about benefits available to anyone with cancer or suppo...

1 Comment
  • Hi, My mother is currently deciding on whether she should have de-bulking surgery for ovarian cancer. We have all the technical details & know...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Just a reminder that members of the Online team will be drippoing in for kitchen table live 11-12 this morning so if you are passing come and say h...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Cancer is often in the media, and especially so today.  It's World Cancer Day, and there are headlines abounding with new sta...

2 Comments
  • Hello, You are all very welcome to join us in group chat session in the Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer group. Our first group chat sessi...

• Picture of Robyn

We have a  couple of places left on our Living with less stress course. You can find out more about the course and how to sign up here a...

• Picture of Robyn

The latest addition to our Online timetable -  a series of monthly ‘live’ sessions to talk about topical food issues.  These ...

Viewing 121-150 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451