Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 61-90 of 645 Conversations

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, As always, there will be a 'Kitchen Table Live' session today from 11am till 12 noon. Drop in if you're passing, this is a more infor...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, On Monday 2nd May, it will be a bank holiday, so the Maggie's Online Team will be off that day. I hope you'll all still feel able to ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, As some of you may know, Maggie's have started a series of podcasts on a different topic each month. In the third episode of Maggie'...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, As always, there will be a 'Kitchen Table Live' session today from 11am till 12 noon. Drop in if you're passing, this is a more infor...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, There will be a 'Kitchen Table LIve' session at 11.00 am today...the first one following our Easter break. As you may already know...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, We are fast approaching the Easter public holidays, and the Maggie's Online Centre team will be offline Thursday evening (24th March)...

3 Comments
  • Hi all, I start my radiotherapy treatment this Friday, and, don't know why, but I am extremely anxious.....I was told at my marking up session that...

5 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, There will be a warm welcome for anyone who feels like 'dropping in' to our 'Kitchen Table Live' session, 11.00am - 12noon today (and...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, ...There will be a warm welcome in the 'Kitchen Table Live' session , 11.00 - 12.00noon, this morning. This is the chance to 'drop...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, There will be a warm welcome for anyone who feels like 'dropping in' to our 'Kitchen Table Live' session, 11.00am - 12noon today (and...

1 Comment
  • I'm a newby on here but sadly not a newby to cancer. I have secondary breast in bones and liver. Starting different chemo next week so bit scared. ...

1 Comment
  • I had my first chemo session two weeks ago and since then I haven't slept well at all. I go to sleep no problems but wake at 3am and rarely go bac...

3 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, Sometimes you just want to get advice quietly and privately in a message or Booked Benefits Session. Other times it's good to ask a mo...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, Today is World Cancer Day. It is marked on February 4 to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatmen...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Much of what we do here at the Maggie's Online Centre, is about support once cancer has been diagnosed. However, it's also interestin...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Kitchen Table Live (KTL) sessions start today - and these are a chance to meet us around the virtual kitchen table on a Monday mornin...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Monday 18th January   sees the return of Kitchen table live.  These are informal live sessions where you can ‘meet’ other On...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, As I prepare for the Pembrokeshire New Year - what better than to meet up with friends old and new once again in our benefits support group...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, The Maggie's Online Centre team are signing off now, till Tuesday January 5th. There are tips on how to get through this festive, ...

• Picture of Robyn

Just to let you know there is some essential maintenance work taking place on the Online Centre this afternoon ( Tuesday) starting at 2.30pm  ...

• Picture of Robyn

Unfortunately the techies need to carry out some essential maintenance work on the Online Centre overnight tonight.  The work will start aroun...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, This may not be affecting all of you, but some messages seem to be having problems getting through this evening. I apologise for a...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Just a reminder that the Benfit, Financial Support and Cancer group is open to all every Tuesday from 7.00pm to 8pm. All are very welcome...

• Picture of Robyn

Find out more about our live work and cancer chat session on Tuesday 3rd November with Barbara Wilson an employment expert from Working with c...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Thank you to all who sent in questions and took part in our work and cancer live discussion this week.  Tom benefits and I were joined by Barb...

• Picture of Robyn

If you could spare a few minutes to complete our survey and let us know anonymously what you think about magie's Online Centre it would be much app...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Just a two parter post: an update on the tax credit changes and a shameless plug for the Work and Cancer sessions starting next Tuesday :-...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, You'll have been reading some fairly regular prompts from us during October - as it's annual survey time. It's hard to make a surv...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, We all face daily stressors - modern life seems to have developed to ensure we're like tightly coiled springs most of the time - a...

Viewing 61-90 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451