Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 631-645 of 645 Conversations

• There seem to be several 'I'm new' threads going at the moment but I guess it is the best way to go? Anyway - I'm Nikki, 35 year old wife and mum ...

1 Comment
  • Hi everybody, been mooching around on here to try and get the guts to actually post so thought I would now.  I'm Heather, 31, I have two chil...

3 Comments
  • My step father was diagnosed with prostate cancer almost 10 years ago. He has just been admitted to a hospice and is getting very ill now. The canc...

1 Comment
  • Is it just me, or does anyone else think the new Maggie's Tee Shirts are unattractive and especially unsuitable for men? IanG

13 Comments
  • Hi my hubby has NHL it was slow growing untill recntly and transformed to aggressive. He is now on chemo rchop. We have a local hospice but has clo...

6 Comments
  • Picture of EricM

For the first time I've been told I 'm not getting treated today. My bloods are fine, but bowel symptoms are getting worse, and since I am no...

6 Comments
  • Picture of TomMa

Hi all, We're just putting up an article on the 'Views about Maggie's' section of the site on how the design of a Maggie's Centre can help you to ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of SusanB

Hi everyone Did anyone see the news yesterday about First Lady Michelle Obama's visit to Maggie's London with Sarah Brown?  She visited the c...

• In need of a good laugh I have been trying to track down a DVD featuring Chic without much success. To my mind one of the greatest comedians to co...

2 Comments
  • Picture of SusanB

Welcome to Maggie's Online Community!  This group is for chat about anything you like.

26 Comments
  • Picture of Elizabeth

Loving this lovely hot weather... spent all day yesterday in the park.  Anyone else taking advantage of the sun or going away for a summer hol...

20 Comments
  • I think maggies means M agnificent A mazing G ood G enerous I mpressive E xellent S mart         fro...

5 Comments
  • I am new to this group, but have been a user of Maggie's Dundee since January 2008. I have joined the Community to be able to keep in touch with a...

1 Comment
  • Picture of happyhibby

Hi, Just a wee note to say a big thanks to Jim & Ruby for a lovely day out on Tuesday to see the centres in Fife & Dundee. I was very impr...

• Picture of TracyM

I am interested to know if anyone could recommend books they have used with children to help talk to them about cancer? In my blog, I explained a...

5 Comments

Viewing 631-645 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451