Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 601-630 of 645 Conversations

• Picture of KD

Bah! to Cancer is an excellent blog, written with humour, warmth and personal insight into the cancer experience. It's recently moved from blogspo...

9 Comments
  • Hi I am cold capping during my chemo treatment in a desperate!!! attempt to save my hair.   I am struggling to find out much inform...

4 Comments
  • mri today not very nice facedown and back again tomorrow for my test results worrying like mad :-( 

8 Comments
  • I would like to say a huge thank you to Maggies (Swansea branch)for the help in filling in the complicated forms for various entitlements which see...

• Picture of KD

Wondering what ideas people have got for things to do on Love Maggie's Day? I'm working on a couple of things but nothing concrete yet. And realis...

44 Comments
  • Picture of TomMa

We're looking at buring a time capsule as part of the construction of our new centre at the Gartnavel Hospital in Glasgow. Along with some items re...

8 Comments
  • i'm a new member. i just found out that i have a breast cancer. i have no heart to tell anybody in my family about it, i just can't see them sad fo...

4 Comments
  • Picture of TomMa

Has anyone seen the story about the Memories art book in the news section of the website? It's a brilliant project which will chronicle the though...

6 Comments
  • Hi, Just 2 weeks before my mother was disgnosied for Pseudomyxoma peritonei. We finally had several examiniations like MRI, CT scan etc... an...

1 Comment
  • Laura Boyd, who has a glamourous job at Scottish Television, interviewing celebrities, has started a blog about dealing with cancer. This week she...

2 Comments
  • Hey all It's the very first Love Maggie's Day on Friday 26th March 2010.   At noon that day we will be having publicity stunts at all our c...

1 Comment
  • I have been treated for BC four times since 1991most recently 2009,,im SO tired ALL the time,I do one thing a day and then rest in between,I feel i...

1 Comment
  • Hi. I am hoping to find some others who can share info about the medical care they are receiving for breast cancer bone mets.  I was first dia...

1 Comment
  • I just read this heart warming story in The Sunday Times about John and Sarah who met at Maggie's Dundee and who have recently become engaged. Bot...

2 Comments
  • HI! Am here abroad, has anyone out there have any access to the patient list at St Anne Hospital in Redditch? Have tried the internet but no result...

4 Comments
  • Picture of katiet

I've been reading all the press coverage about Mo Mowlam and how she kept her terminal diagnosis a secret.. there was a piece yesterday about diffe...

• I'm a 10-year survivor of breast cancer but a friend is to have a radical right-side mastectomy followed by radiotherapy in two weeks.  She lo...

4 Comments
  • Picture of TomMa

It's so cold out! I can't remember such a prolonged cold snap and it seems to be causing a bit of havoc with transport. I live in London and can t...

1 Comment
  • Hello everyone, I hope today is a good one for you! I am new to the online support at Maggies, although not new to Maggies, my beloved stepmo...

1 Comment
  • Dear all, it is Christmas eve, and this evening the presents are wrapped, the house is tidy and warm, the port is warming me up inside, my silver c...

2 Comments
  • Picture of KD

Merry Christmas, Happy Hogmanay and Happy New Year! To all our Maggie's Online Centre members, our centre users and all our supporters. Thank you...

• Hello, My name is Leigh (age 26) Married Dad of 2 (girl age 3 years  11 months  – boy age 1 year 7 months –and a Baby due De...

3 Comments
  • Picture of KD

Christmas can be a difficult time if you have a cancer diagnosis yourself, are supporting a family member or friend, or have lost a loved one. It i...

• Picture of TomMa

Hi all, Donna Blackney, who has used Maggie's Glasgow, produced a fantastic documentary for BBC2 Scotland, which was broadcast early in September ...

• Picture of KD

Hello, If you've been to a Maggie's Centre, you've probably spent time at the kitchen table. It's the centre's hub and, in fact, it's one of the a...

• Hi everyone i'm new to Maggies and just introducing myself.  I'm living with cancer and enjoying life.  Just a bit low at the mo, think t...

5 Comments
  • Hello all, New to cancer, new to Maggies.  I received my long awaited and not unexpected diagnosis last week.  My chemo has been postpon...

4 Comments
  • Hello I am a carer - partner had the above operation in November 2008 and survived against all the odds - He is now back playing tennis albei...

3 Comments
  • Hi There, I am Laura.  My mother has secondary breast cancer in her bones, lung and liver.  She is actually attending the Beatson today f...

13 Comments
  • i have terminal liver cancer. im on eight glivec tablet a day.get very tired .  they have took me of them now for a week as they hav...

3 Comments

Viewing 601-630 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451