Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 571-600 of 645 Conversations

• im new, my gp recomended Maggies so thought id give it a try, im on second cancer diagnosis, i had bowel cancer 2 yrs ago, now have endometral canc...

3 Comments
  • Hi all! I've just joined this community, and thinks it looks like a really good place to come to, to share your thoughts and experience. My name ...

4 Comments
  • my partner has just been diagnosed with testicular tumour... can anyone support or advise please

• hi everyone, just wanted to ask for some advice before i jump in with both feet & make a big mistake. i was diagnoised with stage 3 breast ca...

3 Comments
  • hi all , dont really know a nice way too pt this but my dad was diagnosed with liver cancer this week and has been given 6 months ....he doesnt wan...

2 Comments
  • Im new to Maggie's and im hoping to be able to help my sister who's husband is dying from lung cancer. Services are limited here in Cornwall and in...

• Picture of thea

just been diagnosed and i need a mastectomy.how long is recovery ? how long before back at work ? etc. help anyone.

3 Comments
  • Hi, I am new to Maggies, can any one give me any advise on dealing with radiotherapy. Guzinc

7 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

I often get asked what Maggie’s centres are like and what they offer.   I am sure many of you remember what it was like making that...

2 Comments
  • Just to say hello 'I am New' to Maggie's.  I have in fact popped into the centre in Kirkcaldy and picked up a few of your pocket sized guides ...

2 Comments
  • Hi Everyone!  Just as it says, have just joined the online centre, and the carer's support group.  My partner Alison has breast cancer, w...

• Just saying hi, my profile sets out what my experience of cancer is and as i have just arrived on this website i will leave it at that until i sett...

1 Comment
  • hi, i'm new here i'm on tamoxifen and recently noticed quite severe swelling in my hand and arm. does anyone have any views on this, should i be w...

1 Comment
  • Hi i would like to chat to anyone that has had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy and to see how they are feeling 2 years later thanks

5 Comments
  • Hello I'm new to all this so apologies if this is the wrong place for this query. If someone wants to shift it somewhere else more relevant that's...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Happy new year to all of you and a particular welcome to all the new members who joined the online centre over the Christmas period. Many of you ...

• Picture of Robyn

Thanks to all of you who have sent messages with comments about Maggie’s Online and ideas for improvements – keep them coming!  I...

• I have had a double masectomy in May 2010 due to reoccurrence of breast cancer.  I was also told what we thought was a healthy boob had precan...

1 Comment
  • I was intrigued when I saw a report about a young boy painting following the loss of a loved one to cancer. The report was identifying him as one o...

3 Comments
  • had two urine infections in last 6 weeks with quite a loss of blood last time also clots, this only lasted a short time and gp issending me a ...

3 Comments
  • Hello there I am from Glasgow and 2 weeks ago my dad who is 74 was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. on Friday 26th of Nov the family with meet w...

3 Comments
  • HELLO THIS IS MY FIST TIME NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

1 Comment
  • When will it stop..cant get my car out to go to Maggies relax class today:(((, contemplating on trying to go for 2 buses..have ran out of food to.....

1 Comment
  • Picture of KD

Is there something or someone that helps you get through your cancer or cope with your caring role? In talking to those who visit our centres, we'...

13 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello! this is my first post as Maggie’s Online Centre Head.Following the successful pilot of our online interim centre, the online team here...

• 10 days ago my mother was diagnosed and had a large tumour removed from her bowel, when in surgery they found the liver to be affected too.  I...

3 Comments
  • Hello. I am studying interior design in Cornwall and writing my dissertation on hospital design. I am using Maggie's centres as a focus for ...

• Hi, I feel a bit of a fraud being on this site, as I haven't been diagnosed as having cancer; I've just been told I have 'only a 1 in 10' chance th...

1 Comment
  • Hi im new to this. have just been diagnosed with cervical cancer stage 2B, waiting my treatment on 6.9.10 feeling low would like to hear from anyon...

2 Comments
  • hi,have completed successful [so far] treatment for rectal cancer and liver met. maggies centre and staff and pals i've made there  ...

3 Comments

Viewing 571-600 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451