Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 541-570 of 645 Conversations

• Hi everyone, I am almost a year in remission from NHL and still am no where near the fitness level I used to be. Can anyone suggest anything? I e...

12 Comments
  • A message for Shellylou to say we at Maggie's are all thinking about you with the loss of your lovely sister Lisa on May 12th. Please take care She...

1 Comment
  • Can I please share a few thoughts with you, my friends? Maggie's offers people one of the greatest gifts any of us can receive - the opportunity t...

4 Comments
  • Hi, this is my first post.  My dad has just been diagnosed with Myeloma, just had his first round of chemo, due to start second next week.&nbs...

3 Comments
  • I called in to Maggies in Cheltenham yesterday afternoon for the first time and so wish I'd done so before! What an amazing place and such a friend...

3 Comments
  • although the world has moved on ,i,at times seem to be stuck in a time warp!i still keep going back to the fateful day in feb when i heard the news...

1 Comment
  • Hi there! I finished chemotherapy in March and I am currently off sick but intend to return to work at the beginning of June when my current med c...

3 Comments
  • I would just like to wish a Maggie's Member Lorraine's husband Jan a very Happy 60th Birthday today.It has been a difficult few years for Lorraine ...

4 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

I am often contacted by people asking what they should say or do to help their friend who has got cancer or to tell me something strange a friend...

10 Comments
  • Irrespective of our personal beliefs, Easter is a time of renewal, joy and looking forward.  Long, warm summer days beckon and that is good. &...

7 Comments
  • Hi everyone, I would like to ask more people to join the living with cancer on line support group. It's on every tuesday night at 7pm until 8pm. I...

1 Comment
  • I have always had pets since being a young child when I was at home with my parents from dogs to hamsters, mice etc. I can remember going into the ...

4 Comments
  • dear all,   I am new on here today and would appreciate any support on trying to stay positive for my mother as we wait for the operation an...

4 Comments
  • hello i found a lump 2 weeks ago and are going to hospital next week for all the tests i am 48 and both my mother and mother sister died of breast ...

2 Comments
  • my beloved mum (80 this year) has just been diagnosed with stomach cancer late stage. I am worried that they are going to send her home without any...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Maggie’s has been approached by a national newspaper and asked for one or two sentence tips to use, as part of a larger article on cancer and...

2 Comments
  • It's International Women's Day, celebrating women all over the world.  To mark the day, I wanted to post a lovely poem by young Marley Wat...

1 Comment
  • At long last we are coming out of this year's hard winter. With the clocks going forward at the weekend we can start to enjoy longer (and hopefully...

• I have been reflecting on the content and tone of the messages and conversations I share with friends from the online community. Cancer may well ha...

3 Comments
  • hi,i'm michael,until a year ago i knew very little about cancer@still don't know a great deal now.but i met someone on a dating site,within the fir...

5 Comments
  • Hello there, my name is Becky. I got told about Maggies Centres through a very close Nurse of mine who is now working for them :) It would be nic...

2 Comments
  • Hi, I'm Carole, I'm 55 and have non small cell lung cancer. Still coming to terms with the enormity of it all - no cure but having chemo then a new...

6 Comments
  • am finding it diff to cope with the loss at mo.having shared my life with someone for 24/7 finding myself on my own is diff.but sometime in the fut...

2 Comments
  • Hi my name is Gail im 34 and have 3 boys. My brother has been diagnosed with Throat cancer and is having his voice box removed tomorrow, im struggl...

• Hi, I had my last chemo session on Jan 7th and my hair is starting to come back on my head but its strange, soft downy areas then wirey grey hairs ...

5 Comments
  • hello everyone..im a new visitor

7 Comments
  • Just joined Maggie's.  I start treatment next week and have opted for a trial of the once a week taxol and once every three weeks carboplatin....

8 Comments
  • hello bit of a random conversation but I would be really interested to hear what other people think. I know ultimately only I can make a decisi...

1 Comment
  • Good morning everyone, Im Debs, Im 37 and was diagnosed with ovarian cancer August 2010 and having finished my round of chemo on Jan 7th&...

1 Comment
  • Hi I would just like to say that I was so pleased I read the Observer news paper yesterday in which there was a large feature about Maggie's Centr...

1 Comment

Viewing 541-570 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451