Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 511-540 of 645 Conversations

• Hi everyone, It's so hard when someone close dies suddenly. Yesterday I was preparing for a nice relaxing evening when my best friend Steph rang m...

2 Comments
  • Having recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, I have to wait on MRI results to find out if it is one or both that I shall be losing. I put som...

8 Comments
  • Im not sure that I am in the right place but i feel the need to talk to someone and there is nowhere i can go...I have had an affair after many man...

3 Comments
  • Hi  have recently been dignosed with breast cancer grade 3 with spread to one lymph node 16 june already had a masectomy with 2 lymph nodes re...

4 Comments
  • Lorna Moran.....she is such a super fundraiser!! I recently rasied some money (still collecting it in!) having a sponsored headshave, but going thr...

1 Comment
  • It would appear that I fighting against the tide.

2 Comments
  • Hi there I was diagnosed with bone mets almost 4 years ago ? unknown primary,having been a very fit peraon it cane as a total shock as I was i...

3 Comments
  • Glad we are back on line again, thanks for your message Robyn, let's hope the techies beavering away can locate the problem.   I often read ...

4 Comments
  • They say that statistics can be made to prove anything, that they can't be trusted. Yet they are used freely and relied upon in the evidence-based ...

1 Comment
  • Hi Everyone, Has everyone read on the home page how Maggie's began and the reasons we are so lucky to have these spectacular buildings and site to...

2 Comments
  • According to Bernie Seigel (Love, Medicine and Miracles) people who look outside the conventional medical approach do better. This makes sense to m...

• Well......here we go...as I will not get the treatment  need before 15 weeks, I'll be having chemo.. However, I am doing a sponsored head sha...

1 Comment
  • Hello members! I am supporting my 12 year old with his T Cell Lymphoma treatment. Its been a rough ride as I am sure it has been for all you brave...

2 Comments
  • Guys can anybody help me. My partners mother as got lung cancer and as just been put into a hospice. I don’t know how long she as left with u...

2 Comments
  • Hi, My Mum had breast cancer about 10 years ago.  As they go, it was mild and she just had a lumpectomy followed by radiatherapy.  No ch...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Sorry to those of you who couldn't get onto the online centre over the weekend - we had some technical problems this end....  The clever techy...

3 Comments
  • I was waiting up tonight to hear from a CLL friend in the States, She took me under her wing when I was first diagnosed and has mentored me through...

10 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

I posted a blog entry recently "Feeling tired" about  fatigue which affects many people with cancer both during and after treat...

3 Comments
  • Hi My name is Patsy and yesterday I was told I have breast cancer. Don;t think Ive taken it in yet, it feels like it's happening to someone else, ...

18 Comments
  • I have had a roller coaster of a day today. The weather has been all over the place, which doesn;t help. I started 'my' day, after getting the girl...

3 Comments
  • Hi I feel this is happing to someone else ,it is so unreal?

4 Comments
  • Hello I don’t see many active conversation posts within conversations. So started thinking that I haven’t been using this facility i...

9 Comments
  • Hi My name is Mary, I am 49 and I am supporting my husband who is 55 and has locally advanced prostate cancer.We have battled with many emotions f...

11 Comments
  • Hi. Bad day today. It looks like I may have cancer of the tongue. The big problem is I have allready had chemo, radiotherapy and surgery for cancer...

6 Comments
  • Hi all  I've dithered all day about making contact, primarily because I'm a keyboard chat virgin. I was diagnosed with CLL last Christmas fol...

20 Comments
  • I am new to this forum, my stepmother died of cancer 4 years ago in July and now it looks as though my Father has a few months left. I want to find...

10 Comments
  •  Thinking about opportune infection risks at various stages of our different cancers and being an avid gardener. Salads and fruit sprang to mi...

12 Comments
  • Im new to this and new to the cancer scene.  My mum was recently diognosed with cerval cancer which is quite aggresive.  It has always be...

1 Comment
  • Hi everyone , Can anyone recommend any travel insurance agents for someone with cancer ?

3 Comments
  • Many people are looking for an ear that will listen. Sadly, they don't always find it because people are so often talking when they should be liste...

7 Comments

Viewing 511-540 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451