Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 481-510 of 645 Conversations

• Hello i'm new, can anyone help? I have a bro who has bee diagnosed with testicular cancer for the second time, he had a testicle removed 20 yrs ago...

1 Comment
  • Hello everyone, I have just been told that I have papillary carcinoma, and have to have my thyroid removed. I am a 59 year old male, and I can tel...

1 Comment
  • Can anybody give me info about why the chemo (FEC) for breast cancer didn't work for the liver?  Is it possible that the liver suspi...

• Has anyone else experienced sore feet since having had chemo and radiotherapy? A few people i know have had this too. One of whom said it was due t...

3 Comments
  • Hello - my name is Zoe,  I was dx with breast cancer 3 years ago, and am currently doing well. I have a vague niggle in the back of my mind du...

2 Comments
  • Hello Everyone! Not been on here for ages, couldn't figure out how to use the site so joined breast cancer care also. My SSP will be ending soon,...

9 Comments
  • Hello ladies! I'm due to have a mastectomy 12 Dec with immediate reconstruction, diep flap recon.  Any advice what nightwear, clothes etc to ...

2 Comments
  • Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm 31 married with two girls aged 5 & 3. Just now I have done 10 months of chemo with an expected 2 more to go. My dilem...

6 Comments
  • Good Afternoon Joined this site today to get help and advice on how to support for my friend who has terminal cancer but is in complete denial. &n...

1 Comment
  • Any help/guidance for me please? I've just been diagnosed with liver cancer following "successful" colon surgery last year! Still awaiting treatmen...

3 Comments
  • I had my oncology appointment yesterday and I need not go back for another 3 months yahoo ! After deciding not to have my zemeeta intraveniously I ...

• Hi All havn't written here for ages. Update is tomorow I have my last cycle of chemo YIPPEEEEEE !! I can't wait for it to be over, although in fa...

2 Comments
  • I have been a member of Maggie's for approximately 2 years now and have become friends with some very dear people, who I will remain friends with, ...

5 Comments
  • I'm new to this site and not quite sure how things work - I posted a message last evening and now can't see it, so don't know if anyone has re...

4 Comments
  • I have been asked to give a friend a massage, she's on her 2nd round of chemo. would it be too much, or would the beneits of gentle massage outweig...

8 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello all Just wanted to let you know I haven't been able to be online as much as usual over the last few days I am catching up with my messages.....

• Picture of ashleyjames

I'm Newish To The Online Center, Blogs, And Things Here, (defo the blogging part) Only Joined The Other Week, As I Was Given this Web Address By On...

2 Comments
  • Hello All While out walking my dog this morning I witnessed one of nature's most wonderful sights - the annual migration of vast numbers of wild g...

4 Comments
  • Hi there I'm Ruthie and have high grade Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.  My staging was 1A. I've had my 3 chemos and will have radio in a month or so....

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello, I just wanted to let you all know the online centre is only staffed during office hours so you won't always get a reply to any messag...

10 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

We will be starting a new haematology support group in September.  This  will be a monthly online support group for anyone wit...

13 Comments
  • Hello Everyone! New to the forum at Maggies.  I am due to have a meeting with my consultant on 12 Oct to discuss the mastectomy and right bre...

1 Comment
  • Can anyone offer any words of help as I have just had a radical hysterectomy to remove a cancerous tumour from my cervix. I am very lucky in that I...

3 Comments
  • That time is here again. remember your jabs, check your need.    Although CLL patients may not get the full protection from vaccines,...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Ooops – we disappeared again!  Sorry to those of you who couldn’t get onto the online centre last night and this morning.&nb...

• Picture of Robyn

Sorry to all of you who have been trying to use the online centre today.  We had some technical problems which meant the site was down for a w...

• Hey folks, Just to let you know there is infomation about my art exhibition (Beyond the Big C) on the Maggie's website in the News section- hope p...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

It’s that time of year again – when my laptop is turned off and hidden and I am banned by my family from going anywhere near the intern...

4 Comments
  • Hi all. I have just joined and not too sure how this works but wanted to say that although I am clear there are still constant reminders that it co...

2 Comments
  • HI all i am new to Around the Kitchen Tableness!! but here goes as i dont know who else to talk too. My name is Allison (32) i was diagnosed 2 yrs...

5 Comments

Viewing 481-510 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451