Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 451-480 of 645 Conversations

• Hi, I am new to this site, I am female 60yrs and have been diagnosed with oesophagus cancer.  I have not started any kind of treatment y...

5 Comments
  • Yesterday Stephen and I went to visit his cousin Anne. She is 45 and has 2 large tumours at the front of her brain and 5 smaller tumours at the bac...

• I would love to know how many of you have tried acupuncture.  I feel that I have beinfited tremendously from the treatment

3 Comments
  • Hi My names michelle ... im new to all this ... my mum got diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago which rapidlyt spread to her bones she gotr to...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello I arrived back from leave this morning to find we are having some technical problems with the online centre today ... sorry if you are having...

• HI I have had a kidney removed in December because of Cancer and they also removed some of the renal vein. I had no symptoms and it was found by h...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Blenx

Hello, I'd like to get a yoga DVD to help me relax and keep my muscles working.  What's the best one for people with cancer? Thanks, Nat

1 Comment
  • Picture of Blenx

Hello, Is there anyone out there taking erlotinib (Tarceva)?  I've been on it for six months and while it's controlling my tumour, at present...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

It's that time again... my laptop is about to be hidden as I am on leave for this week...! Before it is confiscated from me I just wanted to let y...

1 Comment
  • After 3 months of misdiagnosis by GPs and hospital, mum was diagnosed with small bowel cancer with a secondary krukenberg tumour. She's had surgery...

• Is there anyone out there who is living with SC lung cancer.  I am about to enter year 3 and feel rather alone

5 Comments
  • I have lung cancer and had a pleural catheter(tunnel drain) fitted a couple of weeks ago to enable me to drain fluid from my lungs at home so I am ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of dianejohnson

Does anyone have lymphoplasmacytoid lymphoma also called WM it caused abnormal protein in the blood, I would like to talk to others who also have it

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello We have been very busy behind the scenes here at Maggie's online centre and wanted to make sure that all our members knew about changes  ...

• Hello Everyone! I've had a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction abdominal diep in December 2011, just recovering and dressings change etc....T...

1 Comment
  • I lost my lymph nodes in my groin about 6 years ago.  Since then I have had constant infections which are really getting me down.  No-one...

2 Comments
  • Hello everyone, Im Laura..im 25. My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumor in July this year. The only other symptoms she was having was high blood p...

• Hi Not sure if it's ok for me to ask a question about this, I'm not asking for medical advice more for people's experiences of taking them/using t...

1 Comment
  • Is there a section on the site that has compiled the work of  Maggies art therapy and creative writing courses. I think I go site blind at tim...

2 Comments
  • Picture of sylvia64

hi im new to this so please forgive my mistakes im bound to make,im 64 and was told last oct i have breast cancer,i have other long term problems L...

2 Comments
  • Spouse had a whipple in April and going through chemo. Life so hard for him. Are there any survivors out there that can talk through there experiences

3 Comments
  • Hi folks! In September 2011 I had an art exhibition to celebrate and tell my story of the 10 years since my diagnosis with bowel cancer at 33 years...

5 Comments
  • Hi Maggie's Members and Admin team I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year. It's very hard to express a wish for you all that means so...

• i want to be remembered by family for all the good times that we shared together after i have passed.... i dont really want them to be so upset tha...

1 Comment
  • Hello All, Just been diagnosed with adrenal cancer and am very uncertain about the future. It seems that the medical profession have just left me t...

• Apologies if this has been covered already - still trying to find my way around the site! My mother has pancreatic cancer, which has spread to her...

2 Comments
  • My sister who is 43 and has 2 boys has just been told she has ovarian cancer.   She has full surgery planned in a few weeks and they have ind...

2 Comments
  • Hi I was wondering if anyone wanted to start a group for people whose partners have cancer. I know that there is the carers support group but I pe...

18 Comments
  • I wondered if anyone had any experience of withdrawal from Gabapentin,I stopped it going from300 mg twice daily to zero over a period of 2 weeks di...

2 Comments
  • I have so many memories of my family, that once I’ve passed I wish I could share it with them on a daily basis. I was told about One Certaint...

Viewing 451-480 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451