Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 421-450 of 645 Conversations

• Hi All, Since Caroline H has joined Maggie's team as the Nutritionist I have enjoyed looking at the foods I eat and have realised I wasn't eating ...

1 Comment
  • ....just a simple hello to get me a seat at the kitchen table....:)

6 Comments
  • Hi, joined a few days ago but don't really know what to write about other than I am having difficulty in accepting my husbands cancer. He was diagn...

5 Comments
  • Hi everyone.  I've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be starting chemo in just under 2 weeks. I'm very daunted and scar...

3 Comments
  • A very Happy Birthday to you Jim for today :) x

1 Comment
  • i am elaine.. joined last night.... just got told 3 days ago  my dads got terminal stomach cancer... my mum had colon cancer terminal... ...

• Hi, my sister has been diagnosed with oesophagal cancer, fortunately it is operable and hopefully curable, BUT , she is an alcoholic who has brain ...

4 Comments
  • Hello everyone, My name is Tony. I have (6 weeks ago) been diagnosed with Mesothelioma. What a shoke...what a bolt out of the blue...what a kick i...

7 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Have you  or someone you know been affected by a brain tumour? if so you may be interested in our new monthly online brain tumour networking g...

• I am almost 2 years into remission from NHL and just over 3 years since my diagnosis and I am still struggling with regaining my fitness levels bac...

• Hi All, Have any of you visited Pamelaboal's website and read her enchanting stories? I am hooked with the children's story about Mr Leaf and Mr T...

• Hi All, Have any of you visited Pamelaboal's website and read her enchanting stories? I am hooked with the children's story about Mr Leaf and Mr T...

• Picture of centreteam

We are delighted to announce a new online networking group as a result of a partnership between Maggie's  and Brain Tumour UK. This monthly g...

• Picture of Robyn

Hello I am back from leave today and looking forward to catching up with all of you. Welcome also to those who have registered for the online centr...

• Hi to all Maggie's members, Why don't you think about joining one of the fabulous on line support groups. I am a member of the Living With Cancer ...

• Maggie's really does bring people together. I had a lovely day on monday meeting another of my Maggie's friends for lunch. It's lovely being able t...

• I thought that the end of treatment of my husbands cancer would see life get better. After coping quite well for seven long months why do I no...

7 Comments
  • Picture of lorraine

well once again we are here in callander for the start of a new season... will we be here at the end of the season i do not know!!! but then again ...

• Have a lovely Easter Holiday everyone and enjoy your time off. Beverley x

• Hello everyone, Maggie's is an amazing place to visit. I was wondering, has anyone who has been to a Maggie's had any moments of clarity, hope or ...

4 Comments
  • Well folks it's nearly time for the Easter Bunny to arrive for the children all over the country but it's also a time for family and friends to enj...

• Do any of you ever sit around the kitchen table for a meal now with your loved ones and catch up on the days events? When I became ill in Jan 09 I...

• Hi All, It will be Tracy M's last session tonight on the Living With Cancer on line group. I myself would like to thank her for all of her suppor...

2 Comments
  • We had goodnews on Monday that I didn't have Small Cell lung cancer but pulmonary synovial sarcoma.  Today I have been told that I need imidia...

2 Comments
  • I don't if anyone can answer this but I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of times a person can have chemo therapy. My husband has had ...

2 Comments
  • Hi everyone, I am a 55yrs old imature adult, 3 grown up kids, 3 grandkids(1 more on way) & a hubby & I have cancer. Diagnos...

1 Comment
  • Picture of TomMa

Hi all, Please allow me to apologise for the problems that you may have experienced with the site over the last few days. Due to increasing visit...

3 Comments
  • My husband was diagnosed with gastric cancer just over a year ago.  He was such a fit and active man that we were all in a state of shock, I s...

2 Comments
  • Hello Everyone! As my SSP is coming to an end I think mid Feb my medical certificate from my doctor takes me up to beginning of March, can I claim...

6 Comments
  • Hi All,  I am new to this site.  I am a 34 year old wife and mother of 2 young children age 3 and 7 years.  I was told two week...

2 Comments

Viewing 421-450 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451