Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 301-330 of 645 Conversations

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, Just a reminder that we're off till Tuesday morning...in my case, the biggest excitement is testing out my new cat and dog hair vacuum clea...

• You'd think being diagnosed with cancer or in my case a brain tumour multiforme grade 4 you might catch at least a small break sometimes - vain tho...

2 Comments
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here so just wanted to say hi amd I look forward to getting to know you all. As a bit of background I'm 28, from London...

7 Comments
  • I feel so so lucky to have my life and couldn't be more grateful, cancer has changed the way I live and view the world, and I am happy to have a se...

1 Comment
  • Hi I'm due to have a central line put in on Wednesday to get my chemo administered through. Anyone share their experience with this?

1 Comment
  • Picture of mackangus

Hi all, I'm a newbie who just lost his wife to cancer. On 1/7/13 I took my wife & boys to The Grove Hotel in Bournemouth - which is the cancer...

2 Comments
  • I've had NSC lung cancer for around 15 months and I'm looking for advice on practical things to do to manage pain.  Let's discuss what's worke...

8 Comments
  • My Chinese Friend and Colleague put me on to the wonders of Honey and like her I always put a spoonful in my coffee, Manuka when we could afford it...

1 Comment
  • Just wanted to share that I had intended going back to uni to do COSCA course but have decided not to do this after all.  I also enrolled on a...

5 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello Following a cancellation there is one live session with Caroline our online nutritonal advisor at 11.30 this morning.  The 40 minute ap...

• I only have a look at Maggies on line when my wife has gone out and my little boy has gone to bed And by this time of the day everyone has logged ...

4 Comments
  • Picture of teresaharri

Opps just posted this i think in someone elses link hopefully now i am in right place.I Am just over 4 months in remission from AML,today i...

2 Comments
  • Picture of CarolineH

Hello Places for the individual nutrition sessions are limited, so please book as soon as possible early to avoid disappointment you can find out ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

If you, or someone close to you, has been affected  by a brain tumour you may be interested to know we have a monthly online brain tumour netw...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

A reminder that our monthly brain tumour networking group will be meeting on Wednesday 3rd July at 1pm. This group is run in partnership with...

• Picture of Robyn

Hello There are still a few places available for the new block of sessions of our living with cancer support group starting Wednesday morning this...

• Picture of SusieQ

Flicking through the paper this morning, as I had my morning cuppa, I noticed a headline ‘Yes, men get breast cancer too…’ ...

• Today whilst purchasing a new supply of liquorice from the Health Food Shop I had a sudden urge to buy a bottle of Organic Root Ginger (non-alcohol...

1 Comment
  • When back from recovery  the first thing I did was to change into my own night clothes, smelling of the washing products I can use as I have v...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello To maintain confidentiallity for existing members and also to make sure we have space to offer places to  new members I have been revie...

• I have just been stood watching the birds from my dining room window and saw the most beautiful robin feeding with the brightest red breast. My tho...

6 Comments
  • I don’t like eating meat, I am not a Vegetarian just don’t like meat products.  However, I do enjoy eating some Quorn products &nb...

3 Comments
  • Diagnosed cervical cancer 2 weeks ago, just had scans now awaiting for treatment plan... how long will this take, just want to get hysterectomy ove...

5 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Just a quick note to draw people's attention to a new post in the Benefits Advice conversations. This week is the last opportunity to make a new cl...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Just a quick hello from me as newly appointed Benefits Advisor. I've been a centre visitor here and in Maggie's South West Wales as my pre...

• I feel I need to share this good story as my last one was a difficult one.  I have been very nervous driving in traffic since diagnosis but wh...

2 Comments
  • Hi just felt I needed to express what is going on for me at the moment.  Yesterday I attended the funeral of a young girl aged 27 wh...

5 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello, I am back from leave today, I am catching up with my messages - sorry if you are waiting longer than usual for a reply- you will get one ...

• Visited Maggie's Newcastle last week.  What a lovely warm comforting place.   It has been a long time coming but well worth the wait. ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello  The online team will be packing up for the bank holiday weekend  shortly and will be back online on Tuesday  28th May.  ...

2 Comments

Viewing 301-330 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451