Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

Topic

Topic Kitchen table (general chat)

General conversations to join in and talk with other members and the Online team

• 679 conversations

Viewing 271-300 of 645 Conversations

• Going into hospital on Monday for one of the two procedures noted above following neck radiotherapy any advice or insight into treatment would be g...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, When someone close to you is diagnosed with cancer, it can be almost as scary and upsetting as being diagnosed with cancer yoursel...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Good morning all, I hope you are wrapping up well against wintry winds and seasonally adjusting temperatures. Last minute cancellations mean that...

• I'm looking for the experience of people with superficial transitional cell bladder cancer. S has had two mitomycin treatments and is about to star...

1 Comment
  • Hi I finished all my treatment on the 31st July this year, and I am now taking Letrozole for the next 5 years. My hair started to grow back befor...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello  a reminder that our  living with cancer support group is starting again tonight  at its new slot of Tuesday evenings 6-7pm&nb...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, ...If you are helping care for, or worrying about someone close to you who has cancer, we hold a facilitated online support group on Monday...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello -  We have some places available in the new set of sessions for our Living with Cancer weekly support group.  The sessions will be...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, ...Many of you will be aware that for the last few weeks all of our Maggie's Centres have been asking people to complete our annual survey....

• Picture of Robyn

Hello - lots of you have been completing  our annual survey  - if you weren't aware of it  or just  haven't managed to complete...

• Hi just wanted to share that it is now just over a year since diagnosed with breast cancer on 1 Oct 2012.  A lot has happened in that year som...

9 Comments
  • It's WEAR IT PINK day 25th October to support Breast Cancer.

• Picture of Tombenefits

Morning all, I hope those that have been drenched by passing rain bands are drying out, while those under them are receiving light moisturising mo...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello, You may have seen Robyn's blog from Monday, asking if you would help us by filling in a small survey form. This is our annual audit process...

1 Comment
  • I have been on Anastrazole for 2 months now and am experiencing horrendous Hot Flushes - about one every hour! I have spoken to the breast car...

2 Comments
  • hi everyone i am new here not sure if i am doing this correctly as i am also quite new to computer

2 Comments
  • I found myself looking out of my kitchen window earlier which faces onto our large front garden. I love to watch the birds feeding. I saw the most ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello  We are now taking names for a new living with cancer group as the current block of sessions has been completed.  If you would lik...

• Hi, Somethings really worrying my Mum, Val, who lives in Witney, Oxon? Neither one of us are technically minded, Mum less so than me! So I'm postin...

4 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone,It's Monday morning...the team's lap tops are warmed up, and primed to answer your questions, listen...offer information and signpos...

• When your having a bad day and want to rant but not upset anyone try going to a big open place and just scream and shout it all out. I'm lucky enou...

3 Comments
  • Hi All! My mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, had surgery and has had her 1st round of chemo. My question is... after her 1st round of chemo...

2 Comments
  • I do vol work twice a week and find ti very rewarding i have been trained on the till and sorting clothers ect i gets on well wiht evryone takes my...

2 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello, Whether you're newly diagnosed or trying to balance the finances during treatment...or living with cancer that doesn't seem to be getting b...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello,As the NHS launches a shingles vaccination programme for the 70-79 year age group (see fact sheet), I thought I’d just issue a word of ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello, Well, here we all are...start of another week....and the Maggie's Online team are here, lap tops at the ready... There are two slots still...

• Picture of Robyn

Some of you will have noticed we have been having some technical problems today - Most things returned to normal  earlier today however  ...

• I have found im goign into the health shop buying more and more sunseeds adn mixed seeds i try and mix them in my food i love chicken adn lamb also...

1 Comment
  • I am posting on the conversation board to wish my good friend Diane a very happy birthday for today. Without Maggie's on line and Diane I think I ...

• Hi everyone I wondered whether it is common to feel like life s existing a bit on 2 planes and that things seem like they are in slow motion alm...

1 Comment

Viewing 271-300 of 645 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451