Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of After cancer treatment

Topic

After cancer treatment

Finished treatment? Trying to find a new normal or perhaps feeling a bit lost and anxious - share experiences and practical tips with other members and the online team.

• 28 conversations

Viewing 26 Conversations

• I am coming up to all my 12 month milestones now and getting more and more anxious all the time.  I coped with all the treatment really well a...

2 Comments
  • Hi my partner has throat cancer and just completed 6weeks daily radiotherapy and three chemo sessions . He is not eating he hardly manages drinks ...

2 Comments
  • Hi, I live in the Glasgow area and am looking for advice on the best places to go for Mastectomy bra's??? My Mum had a single mastectomy a few week...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Leanneg

I'm left with hip and leg pain after cervical cancer it's side effects I just can't do the things I used to do it does annoy me 

4 Comments
  • Hi I have just finished my course of chemo for breast cancer! I have radio therapy in a months time! I wonder how I can now move on a little and s...

1 Comment
  • Hello to you all, I have just joined Maggies online 2 days ago. There do not seem to be many regular posts online, perhaps I just havent found the...

2 Comments
  • Hi I am new on here and just been reading some converstions about feelings post cancer treatment. I am so glad I'm not alone with how low I am feel...

2 Comments
  • Hi, I was diagnosed with T1G3 bladder cancer in April this year and was recomended that my bladder be removed.  It was a shock to be truthful ...

2 Comments
  • I have come to this page because I have just spoken to Macmillan on the phone and they suggested you may be able to help. My wife  is the canc...

3 Comments
  • Hello everyone :-) I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2015 after a standard mammogram. I had no idea anything was wrong. You know I on...

3 Comments
  • I m just writing to offload a bit and try and make sense of the big emotional dip I m finding myself in. It's 1 year this week since I was diagnos...

5 Comments
  • Hi Everyone, My name is Tracey.  I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in Feb 2015. Have had chemo,(which was very tough going, had to stop befo...

7 Comments
  • I am new to this site so hello all :) I was discharged about 18 months ago and will be 10 years post dignosis in January 2016.  I had reconstr...

4 Comments
  • Hi, I am new to this and hope I am in the right place! My wife has had an Op to remove a small lump from her breast, this was followed up with rad...

2 Comments
  • Picture of silver56

If you are given a 5 year prognosis and then have treatment does the prognosis still stand?

2 Comments
  • Picture of silver56

Does anybody know how long you wait for results from a follow up ct scan?

4 Comments
  • Picture of silver56

Still not had follow up ct scan results. I spoke to drs secretary last Thurs who said he would write with them. My question is how long should I w...

6 Comments
  • Hi this is my first post so I hope I've done it right, my sisters in remission from ALL but is still in the maintenance stage and I'm extremely sca...

1 Comment
  • After having been diagnosed with breast cancer back in April this year, I had my last radiotherapy treatment session on Thursday last week. I ha...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

This is a new conversation topic we have added following requests fomr other members who wanted to share experiences with other members who had com...

9 Comments
  • Hi there I finished my treatment for breast cancer in May. Life has been hectic yet amazing since then but this week I have hit a brick wall. I...

4 Comments
  • Picture of silver56

Hiya I was diagnosed in Feb with early stage lung cancer and was referred to Christie's hospital.I had 3 treatments of brachytherapy in April. Had...

2 Comments
  • As you can see by my Blog , I'm 6 days into recovery after radical prostatectomy . I'd like to chat / meet up with guys in a similar situation to m...

1 Comment
  • I was admitted to hospital yesterday morning and placed in isolation to protect other patients from my lurgy. Some of the doctors suspect that I ha...

1 Comment
  • I am currently well but since my treatment for stage 4 colon cancer which ended in October 2013 my libido is non existent. Is it safe to use HRT? I...

1 Comment
  • In December last year I was told,  for the fourth time in my life, that I have cancer.   On this occasion I have upper oesophag...

1 Comment

Viewing 26 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451