Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Managing treatment and side effects

Topic

Managing treatment and side effects

Share experiences, and ask questions about treatments and managing side effects.

• 12 conversations

Viewing 11 Conversations

• Has anyone any experience of hearing loss possibly caused by cyclosporin following a bone marrow transplant? Does it improve when medication is sto...

3 Comments
  • Hello I knew here so would like to say hi to everyone. I start my radiotherapy on Thursday, feeling a bit apprehensive as I found the planning...

2 Comments
  • Just started palbociclib and letrozole combo and looking for other users to share experiences

• Hello, Is anybody here who could share thoughts about consolidation chemotherapy in AML? My fiance after two cycles of chemo is having his second ...

1 Comment
  • Hi all, its my fist time on here and I am looking to see if anyone else is considering or has stopped having chemo as their quality of life is non...

1 Comment
  • Hi ! My husband has done 9 of 12 chemo sessions for colon cancer which spread to lungs and lymph nodes. And now his doctor says he may need ANOTHER...

2 Comments
  • Hiall, Chemotherapy giving me very sore hands and feet with flakey skin and blisters. A nurse told me that udder cream is very good. Does anyone k...

4 Comments
  • Has anyone received any beneficial treatments for extreme joint pain brought on by Letrozole and other similar drugs. I have been disabled by this ...

1 Comment
  • I have terrible hot flushes as a side effect of Letrozole-sometimes 20 a day-and at night I can't seem to control my temperature and am either too ...

2 Comments
  • Hello! My sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer recently and has started radiotherapy. The cancer is in situ and hormone related  and ...

2 Comments
  • It was announced yesterday that Pomalidomide will not be funded after November. What will that mean for me, and other patients with Multiple Myelo...

5 Comments

Viewing 11 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451