Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Films and TV

Topic

Films and TV

Seen a good film or perhaps an interesting TV programme? Let other members know here

• 23 conversations

Viewing 22 Conversations

• This 2010 film, starring Richard Gere and Joan Allen, is a poignant and heartwarming tale of the extraordinary love and devotion of Hachi, an Akita...

4 Comments
  • When i Watched this film i was amazed by how truelly moving it was, and how they touched such a difficult subject, death, in such a gentle way.&nbs...

8 Comments
  • I like all Stanly Kubrick films

• With it being a fairly slow, uneventful Sunday afternoon, my wife Barbara and I settled down to watch this film.  It stars Julia Roberts and M...

• I haven't managed to see this yet - very difficult to book seats just now following all the media hype. Any views from online community members who...

4 Comments
  • I love this movie, I remember my Dad taking me to the cinema to see it when I was wee. I like olts of other movies too, but htis is the one I watch...

1 Comment
  • If anyone gets the chance to see this wonderful film I would highly recommend it. It's on for 2 and a half hours and has a brilliant cast. I cried ...

1 Comment
  • A very special christmas film in my family home.  I first watched it when I was 7 and still do at 37 - it brings back very special memories of...

• I just love this film - to me its about a man who's learning difficulties are a great gift to him, he cut through all of life's difficult...

• Picture of SusanBuckley

Just love this 80's film....the angst of a teenager falling in love for the first time. me and my sister could watch it over and over again.....jus...

1 Comment
  • 50/50 on at the cinema now all about a young man who is diagnosed with spinal cancer. It to me is a very disappointing film. Has anyone else seen i...

• Blade Runner. Visually stunning. Beautifully atmospheric. If cinema is telling stories through moving pictures as Truffaeut said, in this occasion ...

• Picture of SusanB

I watched Miracle on 34th St last night (the new version) hoping to get into the christmas spirit.  Didn't really work!  Anyone got any r...

11 Comments
  • It is a film that manages to paint such beautiful images in nearly every scene.

1 Comment
  • Anyone out there seen this powerful and poignant film which stars, among others, Dakota Fanning and Queen Latifah? The film is based on the 2002 n...

3 Comments
  • I found this to be an extraordinarily good film. Made in 2007, it stars Adam Sandler, Don Cheadle and Liv Tyler.  It is a highly charged emoti...

• In a departure from his usual type of output, Steven Spielberg directed this film way back in 1985.  Based on the prize winning novel by Alice...

• Hello all Two films I would highly recommend after watching them on New Years Day would be 'Up' and 'Looking For Eric.' 'Up' is a funny and incre...

9 Comments
  • just watched this film for the 3rd time, still makes me cry !!!!! anyone else?

1 Comment
  • anyone fancy us being a film club - perhaps watching stuff on sky / virgin rather than having to rent something - would that work? or perhaps even ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Elizabeth

This is one of my favourites - anyone else like it?  Very feel-good!

10 Comments
  • Picture of Elizabeth

Anyone seen this yet?  Is it worth all the hype? 

4 Comments

Viewing 22 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451