Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Prostate cancer

Topic

Prostate cancer

Share experiences and ask questions about prostate cancer

• 14 conversations

Viewing 13 Conversations

• My husband of only three years has recently been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer spread to bones and lymph nodes. We are devastated as we w...

2 Comments
  • My dad has had prostate cancer over a decade, was diagnosed in middle of last year as it having spread to the bones. He has really struggled over t...

2 Comments
  • Hi i'm new to this so don't really know where to start. My husband has prostrate cancer and has spread to his bones. He also has radiotherapy damag...

5 Comments
  • I am my My F-i-Law's carer. He is almost 86 and has amongst other conditions Prostate cancer, Diagnosed three years,. He has recently been given in...

3 Comments
  • Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any information on ductal prostate cancer? or knows of any good links for information? Desperately trying to unde...

1 Comment
  • Hello  My husbands family has a history of Prostate Cancer  so for many years he has had regular checks. At the end of February his PSA ...

9 Comments
  • Hi I was wondering if someone could help me with regard to providing a little info. After constant badgering my father who is 63 finally was persua...

9 Comments
  • Hi All, Firstly thanks for all the support and advice, my father has seen his his urologist and he is set to undergo the more invasive form of bio...

1 Comment
  • I feel very lucky, I had no symptems what-so-ever but felt that I should have a P.S.A. Blood Test as I had heard about just before. I retired in Au...

2 Comments
  • hi i have just found out from my dads gp he suspects my dad has prostate cancer he has had blood test it came back double what it should be and aft...

5 Comments
  • hi im very worried about my father he has recently had numonia and has high p.s.a readings he has a tumour in his prostate so the hospital has don...

2 Comments
  • Hi Tony!             like my good friend Ian, I had never heard of this procedure before,lo...

2 Comments
  • Picture of purvisag

I had a Cryo procedure in 2002 in the USA  it was not available in UK at that time. At the last count more than 22 centres in UK now provide t...

2 Comments

Viewing 13 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451