Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Benefits advice

Topic

Topic Benefits advice

Read weekly blogs from benefits advisor Tom. Post questions, share experiences around financial support in the conversations, message Tom privately or book an online ‘live chat’ session.

• 144 conversations

Viewing 121-136 of 136 Conversations

• Hi I am trying to purchase Life insurance for my husband who has Prostate Cancer.  He did have a policy which has now lapsed.  He is 69 ...

3 Comments
  •   Hi everyone, We received some devastating news last week.  My mum was diagnosed with lung cancer and to make matters worse it has...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Heres a place to post any comments or queries about the benefit caps. The one which is in the news of late is the cap at median earnings....

• I have 2 questions that I would like to ask please 1- Should I get free dental care whilst having chemo/radiotherapy? 2- in readiness for the...

5 Comments
  • Hi I am a single mum who was diagnosed with breast cancer in April.  My company are being very good and are paying me full pay for the first 6...

1 Comment
  • Hi I'm working but have just been sighed off what benefits can I get need help I'm a single mum. Thanks 

4 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

The blogs in our benefits advice section  were written by our online benefits advisor Jude who sadly died recently. They contain a wealth of i...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Over the next 3 weeks I am blogging about the new Personal independence Payment starting here with an introduction to what it is, where it...

• I am a retired gynae/oncolgy nurse(early retirement due to prolapsed l4 +l5 and sciatica on ct scan diagnosis.. I was diagnosed with endometrial c...

3 Comments
  • We're not quite struggling but I'd love to get the house fixed up while my wife goes through chemo. I suspect a loan from the bank would not be loo...

10 Comments
  • HI how does one go about  claiming DLA or the new equivalent ? I have worked all my life and never claimed any benefits so feel completely clu...

1 Comment
  • Hi there  Does anyone have any advise on what is available to my parents as they seem to be under the impression as they are now pensioners t...

2 Comments
  • I was made redundant in August 2011 and took early retirement as part of the package. I had just gone back to work on a temporary contract when I w...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

This week is the last week for people to start a new claim for disability Disability Living Allowance. So if you have been thinking about claiming...

• Hello all, I am a self employed person who has has bowel cancer. At the moment my boyfriend and friends are busy trying to keep my buisiness going...

4 Comments
  • im wondering if anyone can help me with my mums has terminal cancer and we have had to contact with any macmillion nurses do they ever come and see...

2 Comments

Viewing 121-136 of 136 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451