Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Benefits advice

Topic

Topic Benefits advice

Read weekly blogs from benefits advisor Tom. Post questions, share experiences around financial support in the conversations, message Tom privately or book an online ‘live chat’ session.

• 144 conversations

Viewing 91-120 of 136 Conversations

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Just a quick hello in passing. I'm off this week so will be replying to all messages on my return. This also means no Find Out More Abou...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Good morning all, Back from a brief busman's holiday and mini-tour. One way to understand Universal Credit is to run a training course on it :-) ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, I'm finishing off my trio of blogs looking at the differences where you live can make as welfare reform rolls out by taking a look at the ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, While benefits is mostly a UK wide thing, there are some growing differences that mean that what you claim can be affected by where you li...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, I attended an interesting stakeholders event with Capita yesterday, one of the two companies assessing people for Personal Independence Pa...

• hi there, can u advise me whether or not i will get any 'back to work' money? i am on esa at the moment and am thinking of going back in to full-ti...

3 Comments
  • can anyone help me with regards to benefits or anything my dad will be entitled to, he works full time but is off on the sick just now his work pay...

2 Comments
  • Hi As a pensioner I am wondering what Benefits are available?  Having read through the Benefits Bloge I am unsure which would apply to Pensio...

6 Comments
  • Hi there, I'm sorry as I am sure this has been asked so many times before... my mum has terminal cancer and we are trying to work out what benefit...

1 Comment
  • i am a pensioner and have cancer,i only recieve sta.te pension i need to have someone with me when i travel through years of aggrophobia.it is cost...

2 Comments
  • my wife has just been diagnosed with cancer for the third time in her life is she entitled to claim p.i.p.

2 Comments
  • Hello friends I am new to the Maggies Online community so hello to everyone. I am really concerned by the national scandal of the Personal indep...

6 Comments
  • Hi. I'm new to the group. My 72 year old mum was diagnosed in February with NSC lung cancer which has metastisised to her bones and liver. ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all   I am often asked “What benefits can I get while off from work?” .    A few blogs back I wrote a pair of blo...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, In a blog that I have posted today here, I thought in this springtime after April benefit changes, it might be a good time to take a ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, Today is the day from which annual increases in pensions and benefits start to apply. Your next payment - be it fortnightly or four wee...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, After much looking at what has changed I thought it could be handy to go back to basics and take a fresh look at the main benefits for peo...

1 Comment
  • Hi   I was diagnosed with ME 2 years ago but still work..I tried to claim DLA but was told I was not bad enough  ( ME is sporadic but o...

2 Comments
  • Picture of lizzierosy

Dear all,   I have to go for a work focused interview tomorrow and could do with some advice on how to prepare/what to expect as I normally ...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, The unpopularly named bedroom tax is having a big impact for people living in council or housing association properties, with up to 46% of...

4 Comments
  • My dad is in hospital with Primary CNS Lymphoma. From the moment he first went to the doctors to now is only 8 weeks. He is now an inpatient at the...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, The end of October saw some important benefit changes if not as dramatic as the DWP were planning. In the first of two blogs which you ca...

• I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I may need to have radiotherapy which is 5 days a week for 4 weeks.  I live about 18 miles fr...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, A lot of my blogging virtual ink has been around the whirlwind of welfare reform affecting those of "working age". However, cancer is oft...

• I'm 43 married mum of 1 & I was diagnosed with endometriosis cancer in 2002, which I had a hysterectomy followed by Radiotherapy and radioactiv...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, A lot of my blogging virtual ink has been around the whirlwind of welfare reform affecting those of "working age". However, cancer is oft...

• Hi, My mum is 57 and was diagnosed with terminal cancer in mid Sep. The current prognosis is 3 - 6 months. Her work policy is 30 days full pa...

2 Comments
  • Hello I was diagnosed in April and am currently half-way through chemotherapy post surgery (thru to end Nov), and this will be followed by radioth...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

With chops, cuts and changes and politicians concerned that it is all "getting out of control", Housing Benefit is experiencing penty of changes. ...

• Hi I currently get DLA since having an Ivor Lewis operation in August 2012 due to difficulty with my personal care and mobility issues, I will be ...

2 Comments

Viewing 91-120 of 136 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451