Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Benefits advice

Topic

Topic Benefits advice

Read weekly blogs from benefits advisor Tom. Post questions, share experiences around financial support in the conversations, message Tom privately or book an online ‘live chat’ session.

• 144 conversations

Viewing 61-90 of 136 Conversations

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, Part Four of my mini-series of blogs about the Summer Budget and Autumn Statement changes to "working age" benefits is available ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, It's a new year - or will be properly after we celebrate the old New Year's Eve tomorrow here in the far west :-). I have lots of good res...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Technology was not with me to get my Benefits Blog about contacts, support and benefits payments should a problem arise while I am away, u...

• hi everyone, Last week I got a letter to go to a work focused interview as I am claiming ESA(contributions based). The next day I got a letter sa...

3 Comments
  • hi i been on esa 2years now and i have to keep sending in sick notes every 2 moths,and now i been awarded pip,do anyone know how long i have to kee...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello everyone, A number of queries have come up or been sent in to the Talking about Benefits, Financial Help and Cancer support group, conc...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello everyone,   A new Benefits Blog: Child Changes    In my third blog on the Budget changes - available here - I focus on the...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, One of the important questions for people of working age as they move into recovery from cancer and its treatments is whether or not to...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, I have been reading a recent article on the Independent newspaper website, in their 'money' section. Entitled 'Nationwide offering...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello all, One of the major stressors when dealing with any cancer diagnosis, is wondering how to make ends meet. You may be sitting with a pile o...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, Sometimes during a cancer journey, paid work is out of the question, whether you are going through it yourself or taking time out to su...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Good afternoon all, Just a reminder that the Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer Support Group has now moved to Tuesday evenings from 7pm to 8...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, Just to let you to about a new pair of Benefits blogs taking a look at the big new benefit changes announced in the Summer Budget You ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Attendance Allowance (AA) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) have long been among advisor's favourites in maximising people's benefits ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all Today's Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer support  group session and next weeks will have as a theme any queries, concerns or fe...

• Hi I have read Toms brilliant blogs but I need some help with my claim for ESA. I have myelitis and have been off work since Boxing day. I have b...

6 Comments
  • Hi Im an Auntie who is worried about her 28yr old nephew who is heading to Jacksonville to received Proton Treatment , we are led to beleive Treatm...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, I'm away next week (from the 6th to the 10th) so I won't be able to answer messages as quickly as I would like.  And there also w...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hi all, Since our much needed spring clean and tidy up, I'm often asked "Where have all the Benefit Blogs gone?" in tones almost as plaintive as M...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello everyone, Carer's week was in early June, but they desrve more than that :-).  In a series of  three blogs this month I look at b...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Good morning, Just a reminder that the Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer support group is in session today - and every Friday - from 12.00p ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, In this month of Carer's Week - as highlighted by Sue in her blog here -  my benefits blog is focussing on Benefits and Carers.  ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, I'm afraid I'm away today so regret that today's session of the Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer Group is not happening. But we're ...

• Picture of Tombenefits

Hello everyone, Just a reminder of today's Find Out More About Benefits and Cancer support group session at 12.00pm. The idea of this group is a ...

• I have been working since being diagnosed with prostate cancer with spread to the hips and lower back for almost 2 years now. Things are getting di...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello, A recent critical Work and Pensions Select Committee report in Parliament and a Channel 4 Dispatches progremme  has triggered a pair o...

1 Comment
  • I am not sure that I am in the right place for this question but hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I have neck/throat cancer and ...

2 Comments
  • HELLO I CAME OFF JSA AND TOOK WORK FOR A FEW DAYS THINKING IT WOULD BE OK. OVER THE FEW DAYS I WAS THERE I STARTING GETTING RECURRING PROBLEMS WITH...

2 Comments
  • Hi i have been informed that my employer is to offer me ill health retirement.I will receive a pension plus a lump sum.  Would i be entitled ...

3 Comments
  • I am requesting information about the above concerns please. Would doubly value your help,direction, advIceand guidance as I have not worked for a ...

1 Comment

Viewing 61-90 of 136 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451